General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stripped brake line

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 08:19 PM
scool
Unregistered
Default Stripped brake line

Some thieves stole my front passenger caliper. When I tried to replace the caliper and rubber brake hose I stripped out the nipple onthe metal brake line (I used a flare wrench too late in the process, darn!). How hard is it to replace the brake line (it looks very long and has many bends)? Would it be more simple tocut, replace the nipple,and reflare the metal brake line? If so, what type of flare should I use and how do I make up the lost distance to meet up with the brake hose again?

Old 04-27-2007, 09:42 PM
Default RE: Stripped brake line

you probably wont be able to buy an exact replacement for thatline so youll have to get bulk line... i would replace the line at the frist possible union because the more unions you havegreater the chance for leaks... you dont have to bend the line exactly as the other just et it somewhat close butmake sure you use the right size flare or it will leak... and when your all done get some wheel locks so those crackheads cant steal your parts to sell for a rock...