General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Success !!!yaaaaaaaaaahhhh !!!

Old 01-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Talking Success !!!yaaaaaaaaaahhhh !!!

Well I just got done with re-installing my NEW Harmonic Balancer, Key, and Bolt... She Started right up and is purring like a Cat !... Runs Great and Sounds Great, Thank God, I was so worried about Valve damage...No ticking, no smoking... Still Taking it to the shop, just in case and for some other work done I can now Afford... Thanks for all the HELP I got from You Guys !!! I love this place...Thanx again... Dave

Old 01-25-2011, 04:35 PM

congrats! i just hope that i will soon be celebrating as well :\

Old 01-25-2011, 04:58 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by honDUHchick
congrats! i just hope that i will soon be celebrating as well :\
I hope too...Im sure you will... I went to College in Springfield, SMSU, now called Mo.State, Lived in KC for 20 years, But in all that time never made to Jeff City... Good Luck ...Dave

Old 01-25-2011, 04:59 PM
Supper Moderator

so what way is the pin suposta go?

Old 01-25-2011, 05:09 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by g22cd5
so what way is the pin suposta go?
Well, If I recall It went with the slant going into the crankshaft w/ the slant facing up...I tried it multiple ways, all I kno is that it fit perfectly flush threw the washer on, bolted it up, and it fired up 1st turn of the key, Ima hoping since there is no smoke coming from exhaust that I didnt do any damage to the vales or pistons as some ppl said might occur...what do U think ? I need to either buy a torgue wrench or gonna have a shop do it and make sure all else looks good...But Im such a space head, and was over comed w/Happiness that it started, I may be wrong on the pin, but I think thats how it went...lol ty...Dave