General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Taillight bulb replacement 2012 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 09:06 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Angry

I'm raging over how impossible it is to find any google results pertaining to a 2012 accord. 99.9999999999999% of the results are for pos 10 year old cars. What I need is a guide or some info on a 2012, not some car with 300,000k miles on it.

/rant

So how do I replace a taillight bulb on a 2012 accord?

Thanks.

first, lose the attitude, second, alot of guys here have those "pos" cars with 300k on them they need to keep running.

open the trunk and remove everything that doesn't look like a tail lamp until you get to what looks like a tail lamp...then reverse procedure.

It's shown in your owner's manual. You can also register at America Honda's website for the owner's manual info. on your car.

Attached are the instructions for a 2012 Accord sedan, coupe shouldn't be much different.

Originally Posted by Dr. Drivability
first, lose the attitude, second, alot of guys here have those "pos" cars with 300k on them they need to keep running.

open the trunk and remove everything that doesn't look like a tail lamp until you get to what looks like a tail lamp...then reverse procedure.
WOW! THANK GOD SOMEONE SAID SOMETHING WITH A BIT MORE CLASS THAN I WOULD HAVE SAID IF I WAS FIRST TO REPLY>>
But really.. it should ALL be in you owners manual.. in fact everything you need is in your owners manual. If you have a I-D 10T then you can call the dealership where you bought it and ask the parts dept..

TROLL?

Originally Posted by GoneHonda
WOW! THANK GOD SOMEONE SAID SOMETHING WITH A BIT MORE CLASS THAN I WOULD HAVE SAID IF I WAS FIRST TO REPLY>>
But really.. it should ALL be in you owners manual.. in fact everything you need is in your owners manual. If you have a I-D 10T then you can call the dealership where you bought it and ask the parts dept..

TROLL?
Let's give the OP a chance, most members on this forum keep things more civil than on many other Honda forums. That is why there are some of us that came here from other Honda forums.

This forum doesn't have all the same flaming, insulting, attacking, etc. like on many other forums. Let's not drive someone "new" off if they are seeking help or have questions; usually, if end up staying, they realize they don't have to be "".

Though, the OP could have picked a different username.

i feel sad now mine is 16 years old, i only got 167k miles though so its ok! Plus it will still out run alot of others and gets me to a fire scene fast, quick, and in time to put it out!

You hate hondas and I drive one that is 15 years old.

I think I am too dumb to help you, sorry.

Okay, so I was half trolling and half pissed that google wouldn't yield any relevant results. I hate the stereotypical honda ricers and just assumed you guys were the same. So I'm sorry for insulting you and your cars. Ironically, my car is twelve years old, has 180 something thousand miles on it, and won't stop misfiring. I know how to work on my car, I just gave my mom's (the accord) a quick look, didn't see those little plastic screws in the dark, and was like WTF.

[

I will see you guys later, thanks for the help.

Welcome to the forum! There are many members here that are willing to help or answer questions. Some of us also owned and worked on other makes of cars too; so, it not like all the members are exclusively Honda.

Originally Posted by redbull-1
Welcome to the forum! There are many members here that are willing to help or answer questions. Some of us also owned and worked on other makes of cars too; so, it not like all the members are exclusively Honda.
I say, welcome as well.....ok I've only played with Chevy and Honda but agree with my friend Redbull-1. MANY of us will help.....I can't/won't speak for the others but I'm more of the "grey hair" type than the "ricer"....what is up with the VW...I know a guy at work that is pretty good with them........

Attached Thumbnails Taillight bulb replacement 2012 Accord-2012-sedan-rear-bulbs.jpg   Taillight bulb replacement 2012 Accord-2012-sedan-rear-bulbs-continued.jpg