General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TCS keeps coming on, doors will not lock/unlock

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 12:50 PM
Default TCS keeps coming on, doors will not lock/unlock

Hello,

I have a 2004 ex 6 cyl AT that is doing two things right now to drive me crazy! First, sometimes when I am driving the traction control will turn on out of nowhere. I'll be driving down a main road or high way and it'll just turn on. It's been doing this for about a month now I thought it might had been my balding tires but I just replaced them and it is still doing it. Literally it will be dry as the desert out but the tcs will come on and stay on as if I am driving through snow.

The next issue I had was when my door would not lock last night via the key fob. It also wouldn't work using the button on the inside. I pressed them down figuring I could use the actual key to unlock it but that wouldn't unlock it at all.

Any input would be so helpful I want to take it to the dealer but some kind of insight before I go there always helps. Thank you so much!

-ryan

Last edited by rmeat; 07-14-2011 at 12:54 PM.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

The TCS light means the tcs or engine computer detected a problem. You might be able to have a parts store do a free scan on the codes to see if anything is stored. The dealership may have to use the Honda Diagnostic Scanner to find the problem. One simple item for you to check is the brake fluid level in the brake master cylinder reservoir.

The door lock is likely a different issue. It could be simply mechanical, where one of the metal rods became detached, a faulty door lock actuator, or maybe the latch itself.