General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

temperature control on 93 Accord SE

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 07:22 AM
twcinnh
Unregistered
Default temperature control on 93 Accord SE

The temperature control know on my wifes 93 Accord SE was stuck and would not move to heat the car this winter. After reading this forum I was able to open the flapper on the right side of the console and turn on the heat.

Now, it's late April and yesterday, after driving it I decided to see if I could move it to cool. After not much resistance the **** moved freely, but doesn't change the temperature. (It's still hot.) Now, the **** moves without any resistance.

Did the cable break, come loose, or what?

Any suggestions will be very helpful.

Thanks,

Tom

Old 04-24-2008, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: temperature control on 93 Accord SE

Can't tell from here whether it's broken or disconnected. You probably moved the lever down near the cable #12? That cable #12 goes out thru the firewall to the water valve.

Thefirst cable (not shown here) that goes from the control lever down to that lever shown here. Look for that to be disconnected. Worst case is some lever or bellcrank is actually broken. It doesn't look like there's a lot of individual parts available separately. Maybe a junkyard??