General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

transmission

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 08:51 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default transmission

hey guys i have this question, i have a accord 04 v6 manual transmission i just brough this car like 3 months ago i wanna know if this is the way this transmissions woks. when i give gasoline to the motor then change the stick when i remove my feet from the clutch i dont really feel that much of force knowing this is a v6, i feel it mor smooth i dont feel it like a 91 accord or 94 so that was my question if this transmissions works smooth or my transmission is ****ed up.. i hope somebody understandme thank you.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:54 AM
Super Moderator

Please rephrase the question; what is written above is very difficult to understand.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:29 AM
Super Moderator

Let's see if I can rephrase the OP's question, as it is somewhat difficult to understand.

"Hey guys, I have a 2004 Accord V6 with manual transmission. I just bought this car like 3 months ago.

I have a question. I want to know if this is the way this transmission works.

When I press the gas pedal, shift gears, and take my foot off the clutch, I don’t really feel that much force even though this is a V6. It feels smoother when compared to a 91 or 94 Accord. So, my question; is this how the V6 with manual transmission supposed to work (i.e., smooth) or is my transmission messed up? I hope somebody understands me. Thank you."

I'll also move this to the General Tech Help section for more responses. The New Member Area is more for introductions and not really for help questions.

Old 07-26-2013, 06:18 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Ya thats way to broad dude

Old 07-26-2013, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator

In general, the power and feel of the V6 would be smoother, as it has more torque and HP. The 91 and 94 Accords were 4 cylinders. The 2005 Accord V6 should accelerate faster and feel smoother than the 91and 94 to get to a same speed.

The 2005 Accord V6 has an electronic drive-by-wire throttle system, whereas the 91 and 94 had throttle cables. Generally, the drive-by-wire throttle system would give slightly quicker response; so, it may feel smoother compared to the 91 and 94, especially if the throttle cable tension on the 91 or 94 were not adjusted properly.

There may not be any wrong with the 2005 Accord transmission, if the transmission is not slipping/flaring, etc.

Old 07-27-2013, 12:22 AM
Newest Of Newbies

i wanna thank you all for helping me with my question , redbull-1 just answered i was talking about how it feels the power, so that means that the transmission is good thank you and sorry for my bad engish thanks