General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 05:08 PM
dnl_dennis
Unregistered
Default Transmission Help

Ok heres the thing , i have a 91 Honda Accord , dont know if it is an EX DX or what cause all it says on the car is Accord nothing else , it is a 5 speed , 2.2 liter , 2 door car , my transmission went out on me and i am trying to find one to replace it , but having problems cause every trans i have looked at is right backwards from mine , on my transmission the starter and the slave cylinder is on the right hand side , and all the other trans i have seen they are on the left hand side and the mounts are not the same on any of them .... and i cant even find a honda with a motor that looks like mine , the engine ID is LHN2.2V5FeFO , so here is my question.......How do i find out what kind of trans is in my car so i can find a replacment i have already taken the trans out and everything but can not find one that looks the same or even come close to looking the same......the date of my car is 11/90 dont know if this will help or not and under the hood on the spec sheet it says that it is a catalyst motor no clue what that means .. hopefully someone can help me out soon...... thx

Old 08-23-2007, 05:59 PM
Default RE: Transmission Help

There should be a small flat plate of some sort towards the front of the tranny that will identify which model it is. Is this a U.S. car or foreign? Take your vin and go to www.carfax.com and type it in, it will tell you what the car is from that (for free).

Old 08-23-2007, 06:01 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

where are you located ???
define sides for me

rt side driver's or passenger ??
rt side should be pass side you look at it from inside car , drivers' view
unless you are in the uk, or some other country where steering wheel is on the rt side ,, than it is all reversed

Old 08-23-2007, 06:51 PM
dnl_dennis
Unregistered

Ok the only things i have found out are : it is a 91 Accord EXCoupe , 2.2L L4 PFI SOHC 16v engine , and on the transmission i have a barcode with a barcode number , and also on the trans i have YSR stamped on the Gearbox and the trans itself.....my next question is YSR Stock for my car or is it a aftermarket trans ?