General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turning into a complete nightmare.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Default Turning into a complete nightmare.

Ok so I have a 98 Coupe. Starting from the beginning probably about 2 months ago my window all of a sudden was slightly off. Just enough to suck air. It was never a big deal, and then about a week ago the window started popping when I rolled it down, and would roll up fine. By the end of the day my window wouldn't stop when it got to the top of the track. The next day the would roll back up. So I removed the motor & regulator, I decided to replace all of it since one of the teeth on the regulator was broken off. I got the new piece. I put it in the door bolted in the 4 bolts by the motor, and then the 2 bolts to hold the little arm of the regulator in place. I plugged it in it didnt work. So I tested everything fuses, plugs everything I could think of. So I went to the parts store and had them order me a new one. That was yesterday. So this morning I went and got the part. Today before I even left from the store I just plugged it in to the door; didn't install it or anything and it worked just fine. So when I went home I went to install it. Bolted all 6 bolts in and went to move it up and down and all of a sudden it doesn't work again. I am so frustrated. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Old 02-10-2012, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

Is the problem with the driver's window or all of the windows not going up and down?

Old 02-10-2012, 05:03 PM

I am sorry, its the passenger window.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

I suspect faulty switches in the door panel. These are frequently cause of windows failing to move. New or used switch panel. Some have managed to remove switches, disassemble and clean. Not for the visually challenged as parts are tiny.

good luck