General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very strange story read it ,Help with my idle stuff fitv etc and ecu...

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 07:18 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Very strange story read it ,Help with my idle stuff fitv etc and ecu...

Hi people i recently made a repair to my cylinder head not me service did it.
After that i got problems my idling of my accord is kinda strange when i use petrol fuel i will give u a link to see it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zyWPNUduOI
i made adjustemnt to my fitv but it doesnt help me ((
i dont have any ecu light on, but one of my friends told me that if i can find some honda diagnostic connection i can see the real life data and see the problem?
if some one can help me i will be very happy.
i am from BG and my accord is eu model 131hp f20z1 engine cc7,2.0is modification.
1994 year so no obd ii connection i dont know what kinda connection have but for sure its not obd ii i can make diagnostic with paper clip and i have engine mil codes but right now i dont have any yellow light so i cant make anything. And my idling problem troubles me a lot!

Old 12-29-2012, 09:23 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Well I notice 2 things ....... 1 when it loops up and down it normally means u have a vaccume leak somewhere. And when slowly drops really low after reving that seems like your IACV isn't working properly. Did you set your base idle properly? According to the manual? I would try setting that first and go from there. Then if no change after properly doing it I would check for vaccume leaks. If you had head work done recently their could be a leak in your intake manifold or they coulda knocked a vaccume line off or broke a dry rotten brittle line while working.

Old 12-30-2012, 12:54 AM
Administrator
Talking

Originally Posted by jroxz44
Well I notice 2 things ....... 1 when it loops up and down it normally means u have a vaccume leak somewhere. And when slowly drops really low after reving that seems like your IACV isn't working properly. Did you set your base idle properly? According to the manual? I would try setting that first and go from there. Then if no change after properly doing it I would check for vaccume leaks. If you had head work done recently their could be a leak in your intake manifold or they coulda knocked a vaccume line off or broke a dry rotten brittle line while working.
I think you might have hit the answer right there Jroxz44.
Sounds like the answer to me after I looked it up.

Old 12-30-2012, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

Check for codes. Not sure what the yellow light is to the right of the tach, seen about five seconds in.

A cleaning of the IAC never hurts. Also be sure all of the air is out of the coolant system.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:50 PM
Newest Of Newbies

i dont have any error codes.