General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibration at Highway Speeds

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 06:13 PM
Default Vibration at Highway Speeds

I leased a new 2011 Accord V6 EX Sedan in April and have had the car back to the dealership 6 times to try and fix a vibration problem that causes the steering wheel to visibly shake at 60+ mph. The service team has balanced, alligned, road force balanced, changed out tires/rims and replaced the drive axles to no avail.
The Service Mgr. at the dealership recently brought in the Honda representative to look at the vehicle and here's the comments from my service invoice:
This make and model style has a normal characteristic of complaint described. This make and model has low profile tires which will make road feel more pronounced. ECO System will also contribute to condition and vehicle is built with a tighter suspension.
So, basically this is an issue with the design of the vehicle. They changed out a complete set of wheels and tires and although it made a little difference, it didn't completely correct the issue.
Anyway, I just wanted to share this information for those others who are also experiencing this problem.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:22 PM
Default Accord Vibration issue

I have an new 2012 EX Coupe and I've experienced this problem from day one! Took it to the dealer a few times already and they cannot correct issue. I love my car but I doubt I'll get another Honda once the lease is up on this one.

Old 07-24-2012, 07:08 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

isn't that grounds to get out of the lease w/o penalty?

Old 08-02-2012, 02:20 PM
Default Vibration Issue

Originally Posted by UhOh
isn't that grounds to get out of the lease w/o penalty?
From reading what others have posted in other forums, once you sign on the dotted line you are stuck with the car as Honda considers this "normal operation". My only recourse would be to turn in the car with a huge penalty or keep it until the three yrs lease is up. It's actually a very nice well built car except for this issue. My dad purchased a 2012 EX sedan last week from a dealership where he lives in FL. When he comes to visit later this week I'll test drive his to see if he has the same issue.

Old 08-02-2012, 04:20 PM

There is nothing normal about this. Honda claimed that the 6th gen trannys were failing not because of design issues but rather from lack of care and abusive driving. Then after a class action suit they finally fessed up to a crappy transmission.

If there are many others with this same problem it might be worth trying to formulate a class action lawsuit. Cars should not shake at highway speeds ever. it is not normal for a car with 15" rims and decent sidewalls just as much as it is for low pro wheels and rims. Are they sure that it is not transmission related? Bad bearing guides can cause a nasty vibration at highway speeds.