General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vibration uncer acceleration, what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 10:40 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: vibration uncer acceleration, what do you think?

I think what Desert is saying is plenty of grease inside the rubber boot of the inboard CV joint.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:42 AM

ORIGINAL: J5sense

Ok vibration only when accelerating as described is A bad egr valve. I do about 3 a week. The v-6's are well known for that.

a honda factory tech can easily confirm this by driving it with a honda HDS tester.

Axles can also be the problem. Ive put brand new honda axles in a accord once for leaky/ dry joints. After driving the car with the new axles i had this awful vibration when getting on the gas. After replacing the axles again it was corrected. This has happened 3 different times last year.

good luck
Bad EGR? Dunno if that is a problem for h22s or not. I did replace the passenger axle twice, but it's unlikely the axle itself. A transmission shop looked over the car and road tested it and his reccommendation was to replace the front engine mount, which looked sort of funny; looked like metal on metal action.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:02 AM

SB# 99-085 egr port clogging. A bad egr valve causes a shaking when in overdrive crusing and then lightly accelerate, if there is a "shaking or vibration" a egr MAY be the issue.

honda covers this for 8 years 80,000 miles on certain v6 accords pilots and vans

Old 04-08-2008, 08:28 AM

That could be the case for the original poster, but i dont have a V6 or an automatic.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:04 AM

oh yes, thats what i was referring to, sorry for the confusion.

Old 04-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: J5sense

SB# 99-085 egr port clogging. A bad egr valve causes a shaking when in overdrive crusing and then lightly accelerate, if there is a "shaking or vibration" a egr MAY be the issue.

honda covers this for 8 years 80,000 miles on certain v6 accords pilots and vans
every single one of those that i have seen has had a chk engine lite on ,,, code p0401 insuff egr flow ...

Old 04-08-2008, 02:04 PM

Ive had a few that just had a bad egr only with no check engine light. sorry 99-085 is a bad example, 04-029 is a much better example. im sure you have done quite a few of those

Old 04-08-2008, 06:16 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

the computer on your j30 is simply brilliant at knowing when your egr port gets clogged. which is a common problem. Even then! your egr valve is not bad so dont replace it. a larger line needs to be installed to the manifold and the hole in the manifold needs to be made larger.
desert knows what he is talking about.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:10 AM
Accordcurious83
Unregistered

Just wanted to let you all know that I had the car looked at today. It is both CV axles. Price to get fixed will be 438.00 dollars! I guess that's better than a transmission and I'm glad that I know!

Thanks again.

Old 07-18-2009, 12:07 PM
axp
Unregistered
Default vibration when accelerating

I have a similar problem. My HONDA (Accord Tourer 2004 CTDI) vibrates, especially passanger's seat (not the steering wheel), when I accelerate doing 50-60MPH, vibrations stops after taking the foot of the throtle, or passing 60MPH. Recently I took the car to the independent garage, and they told me that the fly wheel may need replacing. The HONDA dealer said it may cost me over 2000$ (fly wheel + clutch), and didn't believe the fly wheel needs to be changed (the car has 77k miles on the clock).
Who do you think is right? I would rather avoid paying the bill for new fly wheel.

Quick Reply: vibration uncer acceleration, what do you think?