General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

voice command/feedback on navi not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 08:31 AM
Default voice command/feedback on navi not working

I have a 04 Accord EX-L with a 4 cyl. I recently had the battery go dead and had to replace it. Since I have replace the battery the voice command and voice feedback will not work. The volume is on the highest setting for the voice feedback and I have switched it back and forth between the male and female voices will no success. The speaker volume, of the radio, in the front goes down (like it is supposed to) when the system tries to talk but nothing is said. When I push the button for the voice command I don't hear any chime sound to let me know to say a command. I have unplugged the battery several times, reinstalled the codes for the navi and the radio and it still doesn't work. The navigation system (map) itself works fine, just no voice prompts on when to turn, etc.
I would have to say that this is some how related to the battery being replace since everything worked fine before the battery went dead. Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem may be?