General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WARNING to new Honda buyers

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 08:40 AM
DADEO
Unregistered
Default WARNING to new Honda buyers

I purchased a NEW 2009 ACCORD from Wesley Chapel Honda in Florida. My mistake I didn't take it up to 60-70mph on the highway during my test drive. Anyway, I have a tire issue when I get up to speed on the highway. It feels like they're unbalanced, out of alighnment, something out of whack. The dealer checked over everything for me and I took it myself to a tire dealer and had everythig checked again. I went back to the dealer and after they drove it the problem was identified. Since car sales are slow these days, cars are sitting on lots a lot longer. The tires will flat spot. The dealer of course said this will fix itself after I get some miles on. This turned out to be as far as the dealer would go to help me. I went to Honda and I went to Michellin for help. Nothing, zippo, it's yours now, deal with it. I now have about 3500 miles on. I've driven from Forida to Pennsylvania and still have the tire issue. Will this eventually fix itself, I don't know. I would be interested to hear how others would have dealt with this. Remember to get up to speed on the highway during your test drive. Cars are have been sitting on lots more than usual these days and the dealers have this flat spotting excuse just waiting for you!

Old 04-17-2009, 08:52 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Call Honda of America, they should take care of you. The tires are warranted by Michelin, not Honda though. If HoA doesn't work, call the Michelin HQ and raise hell.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:39 AM
DADEO
Unregistered

Thanks for the reply. I have been through all the steps you suggested and recieved no help at all. That's the main reason I feel so mad about this. It's just not right to purchase a brand new car and be basically told "to bad, there's nothing we will do". Just remember to drive the car at highway speeds to see how it rides. So many cars have been sitting on lots not be moved due to the slumping car sales. The dealers have this flat spotting tire excuse in their back pocket and it seems Honda and Michellin are going along with it. I thought both would be above this kind of excuse.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:47 PM

The first step is to keep all records regarding the problem

The second step would be to report the problem to the NHTSA

The thrid step would be to see if you can find a local news station in your area that would like to do a story on it. I guarantee if the dealership gets a call from either one you will be riding on new rubber in the blink of an eye.

The forth and most fun is to put some large signs on your car that says this dealer sold me a lemon and drive by the dealership for a few hours on the weekend and evenings. Manufacturers don't care about idle threats, but they do care about losing sales and bad press

Have some fun with it and you will get your way

Old 04-21-2009, 06:57 PM

my boss has a similar problem. and her tire pressure monitoring system had some sort of glitch that was causing strange vibrations.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:47 AM
DADEO
Unregistered

Originally Posted by drummer1279
my boss has a similar problem. and her tire pressure monitoring system had some sort of glitch that was causing strange vibrations.
I would be interested in what the 'glitch' was with the tire pressure monitoring system.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:24 AM

Im not sure but I will ask her