General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water Leakage?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 01:23 PM
hmist
Unregistered
Default Water Leakage?

Hi, I have a 98 V6, it is in excellent shape but lately I have noticed some wetness under the driver side mat after it rains. I don't know where the water is coming in from. It does not get wet inside after driving through a puddle of water and I do not see any damage to the underside. Any clues where the water might be coming in from? Please help!

Old 01-24-2006, 06:47 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Water Leakage?

when you drive through a puddle or in the rain, water gets all over your car and it will usually take hours before it has the chance to completely drip out. i think everything is just fine with your car.

lightshow

Old 01-24-2006, 07:27 PM

ORIGINAL: lightshow

when you drive through a puddle or in the rain, water gets all over your car and it will usually take hours before it has the chance to completely drip out. i think everything is just fine with your car.

lightshow
LOL.. i hope you are joking right?? If not.. no offense pal but what are you smoking ?? ..
Yo hmiast......have you had windshield replaced at all?? i have seen same thing when windshield is not sealed properly ,,, have it checked out.. also make sure the door seals are ok..

Old 01-27-2006, 03:58 AM
Preston
Unregistered

Now, Im not very knowledgeable with the accords, but I am sort of a guru when i comes to Integras. On my Integra, I had a similar problem, but it was puddling on the passenger side. It ended up being an area underneath the cowl where the blower motor is. Under the cowl, there is a smaller second cowl, and water was getting through there due to bad seals. I just replaced the seals, and viola! the problem was gone. Like I said, I dont know much about the Accords, but this is a possibility. Good luck!

Old 01-27-2006, 06:49 PM

o sorry yea i must have been high as ****. i thought water was dripping underneath the car. lol. well i would think the biggest culprit would be the boot around your power steering rack. there is a piece of plastic that covers the column just take out the little plastic screws and the clip up at the top, then look down at the bottom, you should not see any light, or god forbid beable to see in the engine compartment.

lightshow

Old 01-29-2006, 10:45 AM
hmist
Unregistered

You all have been so helpful. Let me try those different things and I will let you know which worked.