General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to Start? (89 Honda Accord (2dr))

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 11:17 AM
s3recap
Unregistered
Default Where to Start? (89 Honda Accord (2dr))

Well basically I just got into this whole tuner deal from friends. They all drive american cars but I really like imports. They diss on my accord alot and I want to show them up. Im thinking about what to do what I do know where to start. I just put an exhaust on it not to long ago. I have some cash and was wondering what step you guys think I should take next. They were telling me to get “Bosch” Spark Plugs. I want to know the best spark plugs for my car or what you guys suggest. If you have any other ideas (cold air, oil filter, air filter, what type of oil I should buy, blah blah blah…) just tell me, I’m really looking to go far with this car. By the way, I have a 4 cylinder motor its stock. :-( thanks for the help guys.

EDIT: I'm also wondering how to paint my interior. Like shown here in red.....

Thanks for the help guys.

Old 09-10-2007, 11:15 AM
Default RE: Where to Start? (89 Honda Accord (2dr))

Stay away from bosch spark plugs with your car. Stick to NGK or Denso.... bosch plugs will cause you a ton of problems, not good with honda's, great for domestic cars though.... If that is truly paint then the green is just a guage bezel (usually $5-$10.00 check ebay) the other parts you'd have to remove them, tape them off, rough up the surface a little bit then just spray paint it and put a clear coat over the top.

Old 09-10-2007, 02:43 PM
s3recap
Unregistered

What else do you suggest on buying ...?

So far

NGK Spark plugs
K&N air filter

Like i need things that add horse power... I was thinking about buying a chip off ebay..has anyone had any expirience with them? What else could add some horses. Since they dont make cold airs for my car i need a integ 90-93 cold air. What are your guys suggestions?

Old 09-10-2007, 03:04 PM

Intake, Headers and exhaust are the most common starting places for mods/HP. Chips are generally worthless unless you get a new engine managment system.

and if it hasn't been done lately I'd buy a new timing belt, Water pump, and seals for the timing belt area.

Old 09-10-2007, 03:20 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

1) take off the intake resonator for now ..... get a real intake later
2) add a signature now ...... include year/doors/tranny/trim ..... not in that order