General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wierd transmission noises....

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 01:58 AM
vi3tpride93
Unregistered
Default wierd transmission noises....

I have a 1993 honda accord ex 5-speed.... when I go from neutral to first gear and start going, my trans (i thnk) makes this weird whinding noise... its a medium-high pitched sound (gets higher as i go faster) it only happens in first gear and stops after approx 3secs when i start moving in first gear. Also, when i go from neutral to reverse, my trans makes this click noise. It only happens when i PUT it in reverse. I dont go or anythng. It jus makes this click or click click crank sound when the reverse gear is engaged. The car goes backwards fine... What could these noises mean???

Old 06-30-2006, 07:41 PM
Default RE: wierd transmission noises....

first off: when was the last time you had your tranny serviced? (I.E. fluid change) Second: is it doing anything odd besides making noise?

Old 06-30-2006, 08:13 PM
vi3tpride93
Unregistered

well i just bought the car about a month ago... i changed ALL fluids, filters, spark plugs and spark plug wires. It runs great but the noise jus gets me a lil worried... it shifts good (except those noises mentiond earlier) any idea???

Old 06-30-2006, 09:56 PM

the sound on take off. Is it possibly just the intake sucking air? I know with my 94 accord when I put it in reverse I hear a click like noise as well so that sounds normal to me... the high pitched noise. Does it only occur when driving down the road? can you rev the engine in neutral and get it to happen? a belt possibly? Intake Noise? that's about all I can figure... As has been said before sound is a Pain to diagnose without actually being able to hear it since we all hear noises differently...

Old 07-02-2006, 03:17 AM
vi3tpride93
Unregistered

yeah it is kind hard to figure it out since ur not there... i can rev the engine to 6k rpm and it doesnt make the noise. it ONLY happens when i just cranked the engine and for the FIRST time i put it in first and start to go. after that i can put it in first again and not make any noise.... its wierd. it sounds like something kinda big spinning and its slowing down. its not that high pictchd now that i thnk about it more. its just an average pitched sound. so you dont thnk it is anythng big? i was jus getting a lil worried cuz usually noises are signs of somethng to come