General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window fell out of track.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 03:07 AM
Almost A Senior Member
Default Window fell out of track.

(Honda Accord 1993 LX, 4-cyl 2.2L)

I don't know what the previous owner did with the car but it's in terrible shape. None of the windows work. Rear drivers side is stuck about an inch down. I think I'm going to take the door panel off to see if I can fix this.

The drivers side was working but today it failed on me. I rolled it down, tried to raise it and it fell off of the "track" that it's on. Meaning when the window starts to raise, the window actually rotates so that there is a triangular gap on the upper left. I smashed it to the rear of the car and started to roll it and finally got it up to the top but it's still off of the track because the window is actually popping over the exterior of the car. It's ghoulish.

It appears the problem was caused by the rubber weatherseals. One edge appears to have bent causing the window to fall out of track and become unable to re-enter track. When the window is lowered all the way down you can hear the glass hit something as if it just falls down inside the door. You can still raise the window after this but as I described above, it only goes half way unless you smash it in toward rear with force before raising it.

So any idea on what I'm looking at? Motors have to be replaced? Greased? Fuses? Weatherstripping has to be greased/replaced?

Old 06-17-2011, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like fun...I think there might be different issues.

First, if you don't have a manual, get one...there is a new sticky at the to for "Index to Common DIY Threads on HAF "...Thanks PA and others...where you can download one-personally don't like the free on for the 4th gens but since I don't own one, it will do for me. Or go online and buy one, or try a local parts store. It will help with testing and replacing.

Check fuses (none work but the drivers worked today?).

Then the only real way to know for sure what the issue is, pull the door panels, inspect the window regulator, test the motor, grease the guides-you are there why not.

Sorry not a solid answer but hope to have given guidence on finding the issue(s)...one window "sounds" dead, another sould like the reg or the guides have come loose or gone bad. or the switch