General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Power window comes out of the track:How can I fix it?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 12:05 PM
heardaneaglecry
Unregistered
Default Power window comes out of the track:How can I fix it?

I have a 1993 Honda Accord EX. Several months ago the window began to come out of the track. I fixed it then by moving some rubber near the window part that had become bunched up. Now several months later it has become a major problem. I took it all apart, and found that the rail was bent at the bottom. I bent it back to much better shape, and it looked like it was going to work out last night. But today I am back to square one with the window coming completely out of the track again. This is becoming very annoying to take apart my door every night just to get the window closed (to seat the window back into the track). Anybody have any options that they can present me with a way that I can put this thing to bed, and fix this problem?
I'd buy a whole new door if the local junkyard had it in my make, and color. I would like to have a working power window. They are power windows since I am just mentioning it now.Just the driver's side door is the issue. It is a four door. I replaced the motor on the rear driver's side door, and have never had any problems since. Any, and all suggestions are appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:47 PM

I have the same issue on the passenger door of our 1991.

I haven't yet pulled the thing out, but when I do, I will let you know of any quick fixes.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:46 AM
heardaneaglecry
Unregistered
Default Window

OK. I'll tell you where I am at now. The bottom rail is a little bit bent on mine still. I can take the door apart, and get the window back into the side rail grooves. It will go back up with help from me. It is still coming out of track though. I may need to try to find the bottom rail that the glass attaches to, and replace it. That might be next.If the local junkyard gets a Honda the same color, and year as mine I may just replace the entire door. I replaced the rear window motor earlier this year, and it works great. I should replace all of the other motors because they are slow compared to the new one that I installed. An easy fix would be a great thing at this point LOL! Good luck with your fix!

Old 09-23-2009, 03:31 AM
Default fixing off track window

my 93 would go off track alot, i always had a 10mm socket and a phillips scewdriver in the car. My glass wouldn't close evenly and it finally ripped the rubber. I bought a used door and scavanged the rubber cause it was a different color (it was way cheaper than the same colored ones on craigslist) the pastic lower tracks slide up and bolt in. If the rubber is ripped then you'll need a new one.
All seemed good but the glass still closed a little crooked and started getting worse. I swapped the glass which did show a liitle improvement in the fit but was still off. next i swapped the motor regulator but it was still off then I adjusted the angle the motor was mounted since the glass seemed to coming up with front side a little slow and coming off track.
I loosed the regulator motor bolts and put pressure on the glass so the rear would sit tightly in the track/rubber with the front lifting up in the track/rubber and tightened the bolts(you need 2 people, i tried it alone). You should adjust it so its not all the way to one extreme.
I adjusted mine all the way and it hits the rubber on top hard, but I'm just tired of it already(need 2 people). It closes but it got me wondering how long the "new to me" rubber will last.
probably the rubber and track are worn but try adjusting the motor regulator bolts first (free). I think there were 6-8??? of them.

keep your 10mm handy
Dean 93LX

Old 09-28-2009, 05:17 PM
heardaneaglecry
Unregistered

Originally Posted by brokanic
my 93 would go off track alot, i always had a 10mm socket and a phillips scewdriver in the car. My glass wouldn't close evenly and it finally ripped the rubber. I bought a used door and scavanged the rubber cause it was a different color (it was way cheaper than the same colored ones on craigslist) the pastic lower tracks slide up and bolt in. If the rubber is ripped then you'll need a new one.
All seemed good but the glass still closed a little crooked and started getting worse. I swapped the glass which did show a liitle improvement in the fit but was still off. next i swapped the motor regulator but it was still off then I adjusted the angle the motor was mounted since the glass seemed to coming up with front side a little slow and coming off track.
I loosed the regulator motor bolts and put pressure on the glass so the rear would sit tightly in the track/rubber with the front lifting up in the track/rubber and tightened the bolts(you need 2 people, i tried it alone). You should adjust it so its not all the way to one extreme.
I adjusted mine all the way and it hits the rubber on top hard, but I'm just tired of it already(need 2 people). It closes but it got me wondering how long the "new to me" rubber will last.
probably the rubber and track are worn but try adjusting the motor regulator bolts first (free). I think there were 6-8??? of them.

keep your 10mm handy
Dean 93LX

I appreciate it. That sounds like a good place to start. My front part of the window also dips, and comes up slower. funny how it seems to always happens to the driver side front window. Maybe it has something to to with the fact that the door gets opened, and closed a lot.