General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window won't roll down

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 11:51 PM
Default Window won't roll down

Hi, I have a problem with my 2007 Accord VP front passenger window. It does not roll down.

The motor and everything else seems to be working fine. I took down the door panel and looked around. It turns out the that glass just rests on a plastic "cradle" piece that's moved up/down by the motor. This works well for up but there isn't enough grip in that "cradle" to pull the window down once it's rolled all the way up. If it's not all the way up it rolls down OK.

I looked at the glass where it rests on the "cradle" and I think that I see some adhesive residue. So, my guess is that the "fix" is to glue the glass to that cradle.

Is this the right fix? And if so what's the proper adhesive to use?

Thanks,
Nick

Old 08-28-2012, 12:00 AM
Super Moderator

There is no glue/adhesive used to attach the window glass to the window regulator. There may be a problem with the window regulator and/or cable. The window regulator and motor is an assembled unit.

Old 08-28-2012, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator

I was reading your post some more and thinking about it, try cleaning the window run channel and then lubricating it with some silicone grease to see if it helps the movement. The run channel is the rubber molding as shown in the attached pic.

Attached Thumbnails Window won't roll down-window-run-channel.jpg  
Old 08-28-2012, 09:08 AM

Thanks for the replies. So the window is just resting on the power module cradle and relying on just gravity for the down movement? I'll try the greasing path. BTW, this window was replaced following it being broken by vandals. I don't know if that plays into it...

Nick

Old 08-28-2012, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

The window is attached to the window regulator slider by two bolts. The slider goes up and down on the regulator like an elevator with cables. (I highlighted in yellow the slider where the glass attaches.)

Since the glass has been replaced before due to vandalism, inspect the two metal sashes (see attached pic. again) to see if they are bent or not properly aligned. Also, inspect the cables on the regulator assembly, etc.

If the regulator needs replacement, this link shows Dorman's instructions on replacing the front regulator.
www.dormanproducts.com/DigitalAssets/Document/741-306_IS.pdf

In step 8, you only have to remove 4 of those bolts, and loosen 3 of them. The three bolts that are loosened are used to hang the regulator and motor in place during removal and installation. I edited their picture to show which ones (see attached pic.).

Attached Thumbnails Window won't roll down-window-regulator.jpg   Window won't roll down-regulator-assembly-removal.jpg