Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

2007 Accord EX sedan 4-cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 07:40 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by g22cd5
just buy the muffler of your choice. Then take it to a exhaust shop and have them make you a MANDREL bent exhaust. Should not cost more than $200 with you providing the muffler.
Muffler is only for the sound, I am looking for an exhaust kit that excels the performance also.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:44 AM
Supper Moderator

That’s why I said MANDREL bent exhaust. Not crush bent. mandrel bent pipes flow better with less turbulence than crush bent. So you get better performance. An the muffler is there mainly for sound yes. If you get the wrong muffler you can choke down the exhaust if it’s not as free flowing *** your exhaust is. But depends on what sound you want so I said muffler of choice. Do you think if you buy a overpriced name brand exhaust it will perform better?? NOPE all they are is a MANDREL bend pipes. So learn something and save yourself some money……

…Go to a local exhaust shop. Bring the muffler of choice and have them make you a MANDREL bent exhaust and add your muffler to it. Your not gonna get 0987654hp out of a exhaust. Just not gonna happen.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by g22cd5
That’s why I said MANDREL bent exhaust. Not crush bent. mandrel bent pipes flow better with less turbulence than crush bent. So you get better performance. An the muffler is there mainly for sound yes. If you get the wrong muffler you can choke down the exhaust if it’s not as free flowing *** your exhaust is. But depends on what sound you want so I said muffler of choice. Do you think if you buy a overpriced name brand exhaust it will perform better?? NOPE all they are is a MANDREL bend pipes. So learn something and save yourself some money……

…Go to a local exhaust shop. Bring the muffler of choice and have them make you a MANDREL bent exhaust and add your muffler to it. Your not gonna get 0987654hp out of a exhaust. Just not gonna happen.
I already know I need mandrel bent but my only question was if I could buy something at the store or off the web which will fit my model, that way it would be less hassel.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:24 PM
Supper Moderator

if you mean the pipe. The shop will provide it. As for the muffler you can use any muffler you want. They can make it fit. You prob want to use a 2.5' pipe with a 2.5' or 3' inlet muffler. Using the 3' muffler will be a turbo muffler and SHOULD reduce your exhaust sound. B/c the muffler inlet is bigger. I personally like the flow master 40 series. Made for the imports and has a nice deep tone. But it's up to you on what your car sounds like.