Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

7th Gen V6 exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 08:19 PM
Almost A Senior Member
Default RE: 7th Gen V6 exhaust question

ive been thinking of ways to reduce the cabin noise with my exhaust...Falkore do you have experience putting a glasspack in where the reso or pre-muff was? Ive thought of this but havent heard of anyone saying that it would help reduce the cabin noise....I have the magnaflows too, but custom piping..I dont think its too loud on the outside, just in the cabin....

Old 11-06-2007, 10:33 PM

I agree with bssmagik83.
it's not too loud outside but in the cabin...haha
so glasspack is supposed to reduce cabin noise?
and in the description from that website,it says it should placed at the end of exhaust at the end of the car...
so if you put one in midpipe, will it still work???

Old 11-07-2007, 09:43 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I don't have experiance with the spiral thingy .... it just looked like a design that could work. I wouldn't replace the resonator with a glasspack, rather add it in line. The resonator is tuned to the engine and it should remain to avoid backpressure bubbling when you let off the gas. The cabin noise is a tricky thing. Most of it is generated by the resonator. I'd expect that a glasspack upstream of it would help, but I really can't be sure as I haven't seen the installation. The theory is that the glasspack would smooth out the flow a bit before it reaches the resonator leaving less energy in the exhaust stream to produce the puffing that causes high and low pressure waves that generate sound. Like I said, I'd expect it to work, but can't say for sure. The spiral thing should act similarly except that has vanes that will cause a spiraling effect which would allow the center to flow much faster than at the walls. This variance in flow rates would cause evening out of the total volume of flow to reduce noise by the same principle. I'd expect the glasspack to work better since it is a larger plenum than the pipe; the spiral thing will cause an increase in backpressure, which may or may not be as or more effective. I'd prefer the glasspack install.