Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

99 Honda Accord EX Coupe v6 Exhaust Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 12:23 PM

hope w/e u order is CARB accepted since u live in cali. + u will have a nice little sticker lol to show when u get the car inspected. same deal with intakes, california sucks for emissions

Old 02-20-2013, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by phantom699
...California sucks for emissions
Hmmm, I guess you don't like breathing clean air.

Old 02-20-2013, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by shipo
Hmmm, I guess you don't like breathing clean air.

Guess u dont know what Jersey is. free to enter pay to leave! junky jersey takin over with dat fist pumpin and 1minute inspections.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by phantom699
Guess u dont know what Jersey is. free to enter pay to leave! junky jersey takin over with dat fist pumpin and 1minute inspections.
Say what?

Old 02-20-2013, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by hondafreak91c
If it were me, I would go with Magnaflow or Vibrant Performance mufflers......pick out which style you like, and take it to an exhaust shop, and have them bend and weld up piping. Those Megan canister style exhausts tend to drone a lot at highway speeds, and are generally pretty loud, and even raspy. Magnaflows however, have a very refined sound, and are quieter.....= Less attention from cops. Its also a higher quality product.

You're OEM piping will most likely be too small, and no matter what, you will have to change you're overall exhaust piping diameter.
yea i really like those mufflers, they sound really nice! but downfall is they are expensive af which i cant afford :/ im a high school kid w/o a job haha i just go with what i can get. but yea those are high quality and sound great. i always worried about getting cops attention... lol thanks for all the feed back guys! might just save up for some good **** then hahaha

Old 02-20-2013, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by phi1542
yea i really like those mufflers, they sound really nice! but downfall is they are expensive af which i cant afford :/ im a high school kid w/o a job haha i just go with what i can get. but yea those are high quality and sound great. i always worried about getting cops attention... lol thanks for all the feed back guys! might just save up for some good **** then hahaha
That's not an excuse lol. I started modding my car when I was in high school. Just save a little bit out of every paycheck. It will all add up. That's what I did. I'd rather take a long time to build my car and have it built with quality parts, than have car built in 6 months with crap parts.

Do it once, do it right. You'll end up spending less money in the long run, and there is nothing like knowing that your car is built with quality parts.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:34 PM

If it were me, I would go with Magnaflow or Vibrant Performance mufflers......pick out which style you like, and take it to an exhaust shop, and have them bend and weld up piping. Those Megan canister style exhausts tend to drone a lot at highway speeds, and are generally pretty loud, and even raspy. Magnaflows however, have a very refined sound, and are quieter.....= Less attention from cops. Its also a higher quality product.

You're OEM piping will most likely be too small, and no matter what, you will have to change you're overall exhaust piping diameter.
which are you running? im thinking magnaflow but i dont mind droning or loudness. i actually prefer it haha it doesnt bother me plus there arent many cops in my area. can you hear magnaflows while regular driving or only during full throttle? i really like the look of the magnaflow exhaust. ive never heard of vibrant, are those any good too?

Old 03-25-2013, 11:20 PM

Currently, I have the stock exhaust. I'm just waiting to smog the car again before I change it out. I'm planning on going with a Magnaflow dual tip muffler with custom piping.

Listening to videos again, I definitely think the Magnaflow will be the best sounding choice. Its nice and rumbly.

If you want it louder, you can always remove the resonator.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:48 AM

Currently, I have the stock exhaust. I'm just waiting to smog the car again before I change it out. I'm planning on going with a Magnaflow dual tip muffler with custom piping.

Listening to videos again, I definitely think the Magnaflow will be the best sounding choice. Its nice and rumbly.

Magnaflow on a 2000 Accord V6 - YouTube

this sounds nice! i think i will go with this. but the full exhaust is crazy expensive. how much is custom piping? do they provide the resonators or do those come off the stock pipe and onto the new pipe

Old 03-27-2013, 10:51 AM

What's the difference between 2.25" piping and 2.5"? Besides obviously the size. Do you really get much gain in performance or sound improvement? Deciding if I should keep stock piping or upgrade. Is it really worth the money?

Quick Reply: 99 Honda Accord EX Coupe v6 Exhaust Mufflers