Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

99 Honda Accord EX Coupe v6 Exhaust Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 06:59 PM
Exclamation 99 Honda Accord EX Coupe v6 Exhaust Mufflers

Hi I'm new to the forum and I just needed some help picking out a muffler. I have a 1999 Honda Accord EX coupe v6 3.0L pretty much bone stock and I was wondering what is the inlet measurement for stock exhaust piping? They have the regualr universal muffler which is 2.4" inlet ID and a turbo version which is 3" inlet ID. I'm not sure which will fit my car. Here are some links for reference:

M-N1 Muffler Megan Racing

M-N1 Turbo Muffler http://www.meganracing.com/product_d...d=389&catid=21

Old 01-21-2013, 08:55 PM

most of the hondas are 2.25' piping. A lot of "performance" parts start at 2.5' +, and 3' are normally for turboed engines. If you are going bigger then stock, i would suggest not going more then .25' under/over what stock is. There are adaptors for the cat back so that a 2.5' will fit a 2.25' outlet, and you can always weld it on if it doesnt direct fit bolt on. Also, N1 imo are not that good, there loud and will get u pulled over because they almost always amplified.

* i am running a varex 2.5' inlet oval muffler, they are illegal because it has a butteryfly valve to adjust the volume, but as long as u have a resonator inbetween the cat/muff and keep it under 95db you should be good. i think most laws state that 92-95db at 3500rpms WOT

Old 02-06-2013, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by phantom699
most of the hondas are 2.25' piping. A lot of "performance" parts start at 2.5' +, and 3' are normally for turboed engines. If you are going bigger then stock, i would suggest not going more then .25' under/over what stock is. There are adaptors for the cat back so that a 2.5' will fit a 2.25' outlet, and you can always weld it on if it doesnt direct fit bolt on. Also, N1 imo are not that good, there loud and will get u pulled over because they almost always amplified.

* i am running a varex 2.5' inlet oval muffler, they are illegal because it has a butteryfly valve to adjust the volume, but as long as u have a resonator inbetween the cat/muff and keep it under 95db you should be good. i think most laws state that 92-95db at 3500rpms WOT
thanks you! so i should order a 2.25 inlet? i was thinking about some magna flow mufflers. how are those?

Old 02-06-2013, 07:18 PM

these are the ones im thinking about getting. they should fit?

MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles

Old 02-06-2013, 07:38 PM

actually those are hella expensive. are there any good ones like that? i'm just looking for the dual tip ones because im on a budget.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:52 PM

dont be ashamed to use ebay and look for mufflers, there not made as good but if your staying stock dimensions with a dual tip then you can just get a bolt on for CHEAP.

also if your having a shop weld/bolt it on for you, make sure they have j hooks incase the original bracket does not work

Old 02-13-2013, 10:32 AM

I recommend Ebay. I just picked this up for $ 157.00. I plan on installing it this weekend so I can't tell you how it sounds yet. The model I picked up is sold out but there are some similar set ups for about the same price as long as you don't live in Cali. you should be fine.

• FITS: 98-02 HONDA ACCORD CATBACK V6
    WITH N1 STYLE DUAL MUFFLER TIP + SILENCER

HIGH PERFORMANCE N1 STYLE CATBACK EXHAUST SYSTEM FEATURING PATENTED STRAIGHT THROUGH & MULTI-CORE TECHNOLOGY TO UNLEASH HIDDEN HORSEPOWER

MADE OF HIGH QUALITY T-304 STAINLESS STEEL WITH MANDREL BEND ( LIGHT WEIGHT DESIGN )
    DUAL 4.5" TIP 2. 5" LIGHT-WEIGHT PIPING
    C.N.C. MACHINED FLANGES
    MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE WHICH INCREASES UP TO 15 HORSEPOWER
    HIGH FLOW/AFTERMARKET CATALYTIC CONVERTER MAY BE NEEDED (NOT INCLUDED)

Last edited by Aiken_Roo; 02-13-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:01 AM

dont be ashamed to use ebay and look for mufflers, there not made as good but if your staying stock dimensions with a dual tip then you can just get a bolt on for CHEAP.

also if your having a shop weld/bolt it on for you, make sure they have j hooks incase the original bracket does not work
Thanks! I'll probably have a look around ebay for some mufflers haha

Old 02-13-2013, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Aiken_Roo
I recommend Ebay. I just picked this up for $ 157.00. I plan on installing it this weekend so I can't tell you how it sounds yet. The model I picked up is sold out but there are some similar set ups for about the same price as long as you don't live in Cali. you should be fine.

HIGH PERFORMANCE N1 STYLE CATBACK EXHAUST SYSTEM FEATURING PATENTED STRAIGHT THROUGH & MULTI-CORE TECHNOLOGY TO UNLEASH HIDDEN HORSEPOWER

MADE OF HIGH QUALITY T-304 STAINLESS STEEL WITH MANDREL BEND ( LIGHT WEIGHT DESIGN )
    C.N.C. MACHINED FLANGES
Nice! When you finish the setup can you show me how it looks and sounds?

Old 02-13-2013, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Aiken_Roo

C.N.C. MACHINED FLANGES
And what do you mean by if u don't live in Cali? Because I actually do live in California..... Lol

Quick Reply: 99 Honda Accord EX Coupe v6 Exhaust Mufflers