Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

CAI or SRI

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 12:23 AM
Default CAI or SRI

so my bro is buying me a bday present and told me which intake i wanted... i noticed that 03sleeper has a tutorial about installing a SRI but to tell you the truth i have no idea what the difference is between a cai and a sri... i read taht the sri sounds better?? more of a purr lol.. well any help and tips on what i should ask for would be appreciated!! thanks

Old 07-05-2007, 03:38 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: CAI or SRI

SRI...short ram intake (easier to clean because the whole thing is in the engine bay.)

CAI...cold air intake (removal of bumper and resonator is required since the filter sits where the resonator once did...right in front of the wheel well)

SRI has a quicker pickup....CAI is more of a longer haul. Choose your pick. OR choose a intake that can change from SRI to CAI (I recommend Injen).

Old 07-05-2007, 05:00 PM

My decision was on how easy it was to install.
SRI is simpler, but does not give more power.
So it all depends on what exactly you want. More power or more sound.
i think SRI is cheaper too.
I went with AEM SRI.

Old 07-05-2007, 10:59 PM

ORIGINAL: 03Sleeper

SRI...short ram intake (easier to clean because the whole thing is in the engine bay.)

CAI...cold air intake (removal of bumper and resonator is required since the filter sits where the resonator once did...right in front of the wheel well)

SRI has a quicker pickup....CAI is more of a longer haul. Choose your pick. OR choose a intake that can change from SRI to CAI (I recommend Injen).
hmm so i was looking for a sri kit for my 03... decided on it .. but now i noticed they dont make them for the 03 v6 models.... any ideas why?? woudl the 02 v6 models fit?? cuz they only have a cai for the 03 v6 models.... oh and by the way sleeper... i was doing some more searching and saw ur detailed post explaing the pros and cons of each (cai and sri) but thanks for putting up wit my same question before i did extensive searching lol

Old 07-05-2007, 11:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Dazed

um, no.what is with this false information? are you smoking dope? SRI and CAI BOTH add power. this is a very highly debated topic and there is NO definite answer on power gains. every intake is different, with different resonance, tube diameter, tube material, and perhaps most important, different filters. if you take a aluminum CAI compared to a plastic SRI, the SRI will make more power because the heatsoak from the CAI will nullify any "cold air" that may have gotten in. it all depends on the setup. in fact, the difference in temperature between just below the engine bay to the actual engine bay is just a few degrees. depending on design, SRIs generally have better flow. if you look at my engine bay pic in my sig, you can see it has very gradual curves, and a nice 3" diameter. i say get a SRI for daily driving, much less hassle, and the filter wont get nearly as dirty.

MAKE SURE WE KEEP THIS CIVIL FOLKS: THANKS

Old 07-05-2007, 11:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Velocifero

um, no.with is with this false information? are you smoking dope? SRI and CAI BOTH add power. this is a very highly debated topic and there is NO definite answer on power gains. every intake is different, with different resonance, tube diameter, tube material, and perhaps most important, different filters. if you take a aluminum CAI compared to a plastic SRI, the SRI will make more power because the heatsoak from the CAI will nullify any "cold air" that may have gotten in. it all depends on the setup. in fact, the difference in temperature between just below the engine bay to the actual engine bay is just a few degrees. depending on design, SRIs generally have better flow. if you look at my engine bay pic in my sig, you can see it has very gradual curves, and a nice 3" diameter. i say get a SRI for daily driving, much less hassle, and the filter wont get nearly as dirty.
hmm thanks!!!... not like i posted earlier.. cant find any sri for the 03 v6... and was wondering if the 02 v6 sri would work...

Old 07-06-2007, 12:17 AM

if the V6 is anything like the I4 of the 7th gen, it wont fit. theyre reverse mounted for the I4. and on ebay they arent listed as the same intake. they would list them as such to make more money if it were possible. dont know for sure tho.

Old 07-06-2007, 01:05 AM

ORIGINAL: Velocifero

if the V6 is anything like the I4 of the 7th gen, it wont fit. theyre reverse mounted for the I4. and on ebay they arent listed as the same intake. they would list them as such to make more money if it were possible. dont know for sure tho.
that last part sounds rite and true... well thanks for the input.. will keep looking for the sri.. but doubt ill find anything... i think im gunan have to lok for a cai...

Old 07-06-2007, 11:12 PM

I should have finished the statement so u wudnt get all pissy on me...
The SRI does not give more power... than the CAI...
Since most "proper" CAIs do suck in more cold air...
Sorry Mr....or am i wrong again?

Old 07-07-2007, 12:12 AM

I should have finished the statement so u wudnt get all pissy on me...
The SRI does not give more power... than the CAI...
Since most "proper" CAIs do suck in more cold air...
Sorry Mr....or am i wrong again?
im not a mind reader. say what you mean, mean what you say. like i said before the power gains are debatable. yes the air might be slightly cooler than a SRI, but it also takes longer to get to its destination. is it worth it? hmm i dunno but theres no use arguing about it here. im just ignoring future posts about SRI vs. CAI, as well as the dreaded spring vs. coilovers debate. in the end, it's all personal preference. do what you want.

Quick Reply: CAI or SRI