Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

exhaust headers from ebay

Old 03-27-2007, 05:02 AM
Default exhaust headers from ebay

i purchased a s/s headers from ebay for about a total of $67 bucks.my plan is to use a heat wrap or something like that to keep it cool because they heat uppretty good. my question is what kind/brand of wrap should i use?and should i purchase a better gasket( ie mr.gasket to replace to ones that come with the headers) and use locktite on the bolts to keep them from losing its torque.? thanks for any advice and opinions.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:28 PM
Default RE: exhaust headers from ebay

I dont think you should worry so much about the heat on the headers but worry aobut fitment issues

Old 03-27-2007, 07:36 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

^ agreed. Also, it is a VERY good idea to upgrade the gaskets!

Old 03-27-2007, 09:05 PM

thanks for the reply guys, i will definitely get a better gasket. i hope the fitment issue would not be too bad,do you think the material they built this headerswould last for a while at least?i knowyou get whatyou paid for, i just hope it won't apply with this one.[&:]

Old 03-27-2007, 09:19 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Eh, it depends. Some people have em and they last a long time, while others rust pretty quick.

Old 03-27-2007, 09:22 PM

is the actuall manufacturer called s/s? I couldn't find that brand on e-bay and it appears to be a style more than a brand name..... got a link to the auction you won so we can see the product?

Old 03-27-2007, 09:31 PM

s/s probably mean stainless steal right? Heat wrap is actually a good idea cause it does two things for you. First it reduces that amount of heat other parts are exposed to, and in most honda's since the radiator is righ tin front of the headears, the less heat it's exposed to the better cooling it will do. Also heat is good for exhaust flow. addign heat wrap will retain that heat in the exhaust system. as we all know with 4 stroke engines, if you slowed it down enough you'd see that the exhaust flow isn't constant, it comes in pulses. The more heat is in the exhaust gases, the more pressure it will have. Now since the only place for it to go is out the back, the more pressure the greater total flow. Also with the design of 4-1 or 4-2-1 headers, the exahust gases from one pulse from one cylinder 'draws' the gases from another. this is because behing the gas pulse, there is a small negative pressure wave that in a basic sense 'sucks' the next pulse along. Greater pressures and higher flow cause more of a negative pressure wave, so the next pulse is pulled along even more.Now of course there is a limit to the benefits of greater flow, too much pressure in too little space will cause the gas to essentially back up on itself.

Old 03-27-2007, 09:37 PM

that's what I figured he ment but then he asked what we thought of them and I didn't ever see mention of what brand they were....

Old 03-28-2007, 02:00 AM

its froma seller called tuningpros, it said it's madeof ageneric stainless steel T-304. it does not say what brand it is,just what ismade of. where can i get those heat wraps and what type are they? thanks again guys.