Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Header or Camshaft??

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jcocker03
wow this guy must be a pro...
Originally Posted by AccordLXMaster
sounds like a bunch of B.S. huh?? well if you knew what you were talking about...
Let's try to be civilized. There has been some interesting posts in this thread, so I hope I don't have to lock it.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:09 AM

Let's try to be civilized. There has been some interesting posts in this thread, so I hope I don't have to lock it.
alrite im done criticizing lxmaster

Old 05-09-2009, 01:44 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

LX Master: The intake and muffler aren't enough to cause a rich or lean condition. Check the codes and expect to find a bad O2 or plugs, although as Jim mentioned there are hundreds of possible causes to a problem with a car.

IMO, get it fixed before you do anything to upgrade the car.

Joe: Mechanics don't learn nor have to know about modifications to cars. They deal almost 100% with stock parts. Knowing how a system works, yes. Modifying a cam profile, no.

Last edited by falkore24; 05-09-2009 at 01:47 AM.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by falkore24
LX Master: The intake and muffler aren't enough to cause a rich or lean condition. Check the codes and expect to find a bad O2 or plugs, although as Jim mentioned there are hundreds of possible causes to a problem with a car.

IMO, get it fixed before you do anything to upgrade the car.

Joe: Mechanics don't learn nor have to know about modifications to cars. They deal almost 100% with stock parts. Knowing how a system works, yes. Modifying a cam profile, no.
well im sure the plugs arent bad..so i seriously need to check the o2 sensor as ive heard alot of my problems turn to that...so that needs to be checked...and yeah thats why everything i get wont be put on until its fixed...trust me.. ive kept that in mind...and yeah ur right about that but thing is the people i work with actually race...like professional racing...so i learn alot about it just...not on the import side too much even though some of the concepts are the same...and yeah we do deal with just about stock...but on the side with the instructors that race we learn about modding....but like i said...on the other side not necesserily imports...but the 02 sensor...shall be checked asap...

Old 05-12-2009, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by AccordLXMaster
...but the 02 sensor...shall be checked asap...
How about plugging in a scanner to get the CEL error code? Who knows, it might be a loose hose in the EVAP system which has nothing to do with the O2 sensor...

Old 05-12-2009, 06:37 PM

well only thing with that is everytime someone does it they say the code is for a knock sensor....id prolly have to do it myself though i dont think itll be too much different

Old 05-13-2009, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator

Honda uses well over 80 of the OBD-2 codes, and only one of them is the knock sensor. From questions here on the board, P-0325 isn't even very common.

Seems the O2 sensors get discussed much more often. Even then, there's 8 codes for the O2 sensors to help you narrow it down to which sensor & what problem.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:17 PM

alright then...ill look em up or do you have em on hand?...ill look out for em that way i know exactly what the problem is...

Old 05-13-2009, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

There might be a sticky with the list somewhere, otherwise if you post the error number someone will say what it is. Maybe I'll my list together & make a sticky post if I don't find one already made up.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:50 AM

alrighty then....preciate it

Quick Reply: Header or Camshaft??