Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

headers and Cats

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 07:07 PM
Default headers and Cats

So i have an exhaust rattle right now when i run my car around 3k rpm's (Heat sheild), so i want to put headers on and i figure that i might as well put a Hi-flow cat or a test pipe on at the same time. now what is a good brand to get that has the best price, or at least what should i NOT get? and which would be better for the car, test pipe or the cat? i eventually want to boost my car so i don't want to dump a lot in it now either, just to spend more on a full 3" exhaust set. or could i just start on that now and save some money?

Old 07-07-2008, 01:07 AM
Default RE: headers and Cats

i would suggest buying a cat-back exhaust system..and and maybe the headers but NOT the testpipe/high-flow cat converter...cuz its not worth it..you only gain like 1hp and you risk getting tickets cuz its illegal..

but really man...i would suggest getting the cat-back exhaust system first, and then save the money and rebuild the motor..so it can really handle the boost safely and then boost your car...

Old 07-07-2008, 07:10 AM

Cat-back is there. but my manifold is the only thing that makes my motor look dull... The whole thing is clean but my mani has this almost brownish-pink look to it. And i know i can break the bolts on the cat-back side, but idk how hard it will be to break them on the other side. And i didn't know Hi-flow cat were illegal too. i know test pipes are. as far as the boost goes, i am just waiting until i get my finances in order before i start that. i guess you could say i am kinda bored a lot and adding new parts to my car is much better than a lot of things people find 'fun' to do around me.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator

for the cheapest header i would recommend would be megan racing.

as one of the more expensive header i would recommend DC sports or GReddy

as for a test pipe goes. just have a local shop make you one as it will cost you about half as much as buying one

Old 07-07-2008, 01:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Flatline1121

Cat-back is there. but my manifold is the only thing that makes my motor look dull... The whole thing is clean but my mani has this almost brownish-pink look to it. And i know i can break the bolts on the cat-back side, but idk how hard it will be to break them on the other side. And i didn't know Hi-flow cat were illegal too. i know test pipes are. as far as the boost goes, i am just waiting until i get my finances in order before i start that. i guess you could say i am kinda bored a lot and adding new parts to my car is much better than a lot of things people find 'fun' to do around me.
well there are i think one or two company that makes "REAL" hi-flow catalytic converter..what i mean by real is that its still gonna be legal... the ones you see on ebay that says hi-flow cat that only costs like $50 somthing, those are the illegal ones..those are basically testpipes...

if you really want to change your header then the cheap decent one is megans..
if you want the expensive ones...then look at DC Sports or Greddy headers..

btw heres a link bout the cat-converters "Truth About Cat-Converters"

http://www.importtuner.com/features/...val/index.html

Old 07-07-2008, 01:37 PM

ORIGINAL: ford

i would suggest buying a cat-back exhaust system..and and maybe the headers but NOT the testpipe/high-flow cat converter...cuz its not worth it..you only gain like 1hp and you risk getting tickets cuz its illegal..

but really man...i would suggest getting the cat-back exhaust system first, and then save the money and rebuild the motor..so it can really handle the boost safely and then boost your car...
x2

Old 07-08-2008, 08:27 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

An F22 gets slower when you put a header on it.

Another good cheap brand is OBX. I've heard that people have had issues with the gasket, but I never had any problem whatsoever with mine.