Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Help...Whats my options...Exhaust and cool air installation

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Default Help...Whats my options...Exhaust and cool air installation

Ive got a 02 accord coupe v4 2.3 vtec, i want to install a new exhaust system with a cool air intake .....

Whats my options?

Old 03-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Default RE: Help...Whats my options...Exhaust and cool air installation

you can

A) weld on a new exhaust muffler cover at the end of your tailpipe by buying it off ebay and welding it right over your existing tail pipe
B)buy a whole catback system which is the whole piping itself, supposedly all bolt on no modification needed says ebay, but you gotta be able to access the underside of your car easily

A)cold air intake (CAI) adds aroudn 10hp to your car and gives it a "sporty" sound. its a pipe with filter that goes all the way to behind your bumper, which lets it access cold air easier, but makes it dangerous to drive in in wet weather unless you purchase a bypass vlave which blocks water from getting in.
B) short ram intake <= i just acutally installed mine today, it really isnt that hard. SRI's are supposedly much louder than CAI's, but ive been told that since the air filter stays in the engine bay area, it sucks up hot air when your idle/going slow which makes you lose HP. But since it is in your engine bay, you dont need to buy a bypass valve since it cant suck up water from teh ground.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:13 PM
RIPsr20
Unregistered

you can find anything on ebay. just try looking. if you have the money, go for a headerback exhaust (you choose the brand), if you are broke, just go for a bolt on muffler. good luck. not to be rude but its a straight 4, not v4.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:29 PM

ORIGINAL: JkillaAcc02

Ive got a 02 accord coupe v4 2.3 vtec, i want to install a new exhaust system with a cool air intake .....

Whats my options?
First and formost it is a I-4 not a v4 they don't make v4's for cars. Second check out TASAUTO.com third use your search button and when you can't find what you are looking fro then ask us.

Just buy a ebay shortram then a good filter. After that buy a full catback exhaust that will be fine for you since you don't know what you are talking about now just do that for now and start looking into different options but really search the forum you will be able to find almost anything you need to know. [sm=wtf.gif]

Old 03-11-2008, 04:30 PM

Ok now my other question is... if i just wanted to go to a performance shop and have them do everything at once doesnt matter on the money... just dont want to do it myself cause im a lazy fck ... Exhaust System and Cool Air Intake GIve me Something that would be a reasonable price and i can have done in a day.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:31 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

haven't seen any "header-back" exhaust systems, but definitely cat-back...

i suggest the Greddy SP2, which i've purchased from gripmotorsports.com

doesn't look like they have the SP2 in stock, but have the EVO... could probably call them and have them order it.. i bought it for ~800 at the time, it's now as low as 270 (the SP2 for my car)
http://www.gripmotorsports.com/dl~pn...y_Exhaust.html

btw, you have an i4, not v4... might be a typo, but you def. don't have a v4

as for CAI, read this in full: http://hondaaccord.wikidot.com/intake-info

Old 03-16-2008, 01:01 PM

ORIGINAL: JkillaAcc02

Ok now my other question is... if i just wanted to go to a performance shop and have them do everything at once doesnt matter on the money... just dont want to do it myself cause im a lazy fck ... Exhaust System and Cool Air Intake GIve me Something that would be a reasonable price and i can have done in a day.
Call the performance shop. In the end, our prices mean nothing. You're still going to pay what the shop wants you to pay. Talk to them. Unless of course you want to pay me to do it. That wouldnt be a problem .

Old 03-17-2008, 08:46 PM

hello,i was thinking want to get either cold air intake or short ram intake,wich one yall think is better?please advice.
and also is it ok if i want to install it on auto trans.4 cyl?or its just gonna make funny sound?

Old 03-17-2008, 09:09 PM

ORIGINAL: kenny

hello,i was thinking want to get either cold air intake or short ram intake,wich one yall think is better?please advice.
and also is it ok if i want to install it on auto trans.4 cyl?or its just gonna make funny sound?
I have had both aand no they do not make a funny sound. It actually make the engine sound a little meaner. I suggest the cai and a bypass valve.