Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Honda mods, need advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 11:46 PM
Default Honda mods, need advice

Hey guys,
I have a 2007 Honda accord coupe, v-6 stock automatic. My brother started buying intakes and exhaust parts for his 2010 challenger R/T so I became fascinated in the idea of joining a forum and asking for advice. Did some research (not prices yet) and so far I like the GReddy exhaust (sound). I dont know the stats on it for performance. My car is roughly doing about 22-23 mpg highway so I definitely want to buy a cold air intake. Definitely interested in putting a supercharger as well. Any ideas on my plans for those three please advise me. My goals are to increase performance (don't really care about sound) and add about 2-3 mpg to conserve gas expenditure.

Old 07-09-2011, 11:52 PM
Newest Of Newbies

ok so you want a supercharger,exhaust,and intake and you want to gain MPG. wow man ok the supercharger is going to make your MPG go down but will gain you HP. the exhaust will increase a little but not much and the intake is going to increase you MPG by a slight degree but not too much. so to be honest all in all i think you will lose more in the long run but hey i you want to go and waste money go ahead.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:20 AM

Well, that's exactly why I wanted the intake-I knew that it would slightly increase my MPG. I also said that my other goal was to increase performance, but thanks for repeating exactly what I was anticipating on doing. Any good brand names for intakes and superchargers. I think I'm sticking with GReddy for the exhaust, I just have to check stats and costs for now. Thanks for the update

Old 07-10-2011, 01:41 PM
Supper Moderator

just b/c you install a supercharger does not mean you will lose MPG. IF you get a good tuner he/she can gain you performance as well as gas mileage..it's all in the tune.
I'm not too familiar with v6's I'm a 4banger man. But I d remember reading about fitment issues with turbo-ing v6's b/c of the lack of room. Not sure if it will be the same case with a supercharger I guess it depends n what type of SC your looking at installing. Look into Jackson Racing they make some really good SC's and might even have one that will allow fitment...but I will still imagine that it will be a tight squeeze.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:15 PM

Check out Comtech, they made good supercharger for Hondas/Acuras.