Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

I Have a Exsaust ???? Help ASAP...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 06:47 PM
Default I Have a Exsaust ???? Help ASAP...

Ok here gose... I have a Honda Accord I4 2.3 coupe... It has a duel exsaust system but its not a catback... It still has the resinator and the mid muffler... I want to keep my mufflers being that they are in great shap... My question is what do I need to make it a cat back... I was told that all I need is a stright pipe from the frot of the car to the back... Is this correct... Ofcourse I am keeping the cat...

Old 02-05-2007, 06:50 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: I Have a Exsaust ???? Help ASAP...

A cat back exhaust basically means all the piping is larger than stock, usually 2.25 and the mufflers are more free flowing. Liek the name, it begins at the cat.

Old 02-05-2007, 06:54 PM

so I can keep my mufflers and just put a wider pipe?

Old 02-05-2007, 06:55 PM

should I keep the resinator and mid muffler???

Old 02-06-2007, 01:42 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I am not to sure, as I am not familiar with your mufflers. But yeas, basically if you replace all the piping to larger diameter its like a custom cat back as long as it begins at the catlyic convertor. May I ask why you are so soncered about it being cat back status?! Just curious!

Old 02-06-2007, 01:45 AM

I think you could go wider with the pipe and weld it into your muffler. I had a cat back muffler installed on my car and I hated it!! It was absolutely too loud. I took off the big pipe and welded on apipe that had a mid muffler and that still didn't get rid of the crazy mind numbing loudness. So I just went back to factory and you know what I never noticed any power gains or losses. I spent all in all about $1,000.00 to be back to factory. I suggest to do a search in the forum to find out about the other guys exhaust and what they have done to better their car. As for the resinator I think it helps dull the sound that the exhaust makes. Good luck and post what you decide and the outcome so we can all learn.

Old 02-06-2007, 10:53 AM

19Accord97..... Well the reason I want to do it is = When I first got on this forum to get opinion's about the mod's that can and could be done to the Honda 2.3l.... Almost everyone had the same suggestions.... Which Include the basic bolt ons and a catback is in those basics and thats the part I am up to... I just wanted opinion cause I am about 20 minutes away from going to do it and needed help... Thankyou and everyone for your input...