Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

looking for advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 05:15 PM
hilton9
Unregistered
Default looking for advice

i'm just starting to work on the engine of my 99 honda accord ex. 4banger looking to put in an intake, throttle body, headers and exhaust, i got the money for it now just trying to find the best company to go with, let me know if you have luck with some or whats crap. much appreciated

Old 12-11-2006, 06:15 PM
Default RE: looking for advice

Greddy Evo2, Apexi WS2, and Magnaflow are all good exhausts, but there are plenty of other ones. Just let us know what kind of sound your looking for. For a header, DC sport and Comptech are the best but, alot of people on the forum are using OBX as a cheaper alternative. For your intake, AEM, Injen, K&N are all really good quality but, you probably don't need to spend that much money on an intake. There are Bomz intakes on ebay that seem to work fine. As for the throttle body, you could always bore it out but, you'd need a larger throttle plate. I don't know of any aftermarket tbs for the accord but, that doesn't mean they aren't around. Skunk2 may make one..

Old 12-11-2006, 06:17 PM

Depending on your final goal if you want to stay fairly low priced then Bomz (e-bay) SRI Intake seems to be fairly popular, (AEM is slightly better of course but it's also about $200.00 more), Headers: OBX seems well recieved/good price, DC Sports are excellent, Exhaust: this all depends on how you want it to look/sound, APexi WSII is a great catback setup, good non ricey sound, small non-coffee can look... Throttle body: why? are you looking to get an oversized throttle body? I'm just not sure why that is on the top of your list for things to do, I'd probably get an Unorthodox racing or AEM lightweight pulley kit first....

What's the ultimate goal? Naturally Aspirated or Turbo? Daily driver with a Minor power gain?

Old 12-12-2006, 12:01 AM
hilton9
Unregistered

i'm looking for a good sound from the exhaust, nothing too loud the cops up around here are so nice about pulling over for a "loud" exhaust. ill def check out that ebay intake, thanks for the advice, is there anyone on here ya know that bores out throttle body's ? the pully kit is a nice idea i was thinkin about that. i figure once i get everything done up i will end up looking for a turbo kit

Old 12-12-2006, 12:09 AM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

I just got a Bomz short ram intake off of eBay, Im extremely pleased with it. It feels like the car breathes a little better in the upper RPM ranges, and it definitely has a great sound. If you decide to get a full size cold air intake, be sure to get a bypass valve also, you dont want to be sucking water into your engine.

I agree with Sir Nasty, I would hold off on the throttle body. Your car really isnt going to need additional fuel until you get a lot more mods than just intake, header, and exhaust. I second the pulley idea, or maybe a cam swap.

Old 12-12-2006, 12:19 AM

let us know if you find something you want and wanted to know if its worth it..

Old 12-13-2006, 09:46 PM

ya i agree with everyone else. go intake, headers, exhaust, pulley kit, then maybe some cam gears, spark plug wires, then maybe after some more internal upgrades then think about changing ur throttle body. but start with the basic bolt on upgrades