Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Useable TSX parts

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 09:59 AM
adonisanemone
Unregistered
Default Useable TSX parts

I must be blind, because I cannot find it anymore. I am a new owner of an Accord. I, in the most technical sense, have never seen it or touched it, nor has my wifey who did the paper work, or my parents who will be picking it up for us, for me to drive home from Tennessee to Idaho, but its mine.

It is an 04 EX Coup with 29k miles on it. I like most guys need "more power." I am not looking for much, just around 20 for each stat. I work 12 hours a day essentially as fire watch, and if its not broken I dont get to go fix it. So I spend alot of time on forums. In this time I have found alot of information, and lost alot more.

I could swear that I have read that a TSX IM + Headers + UDP + CAI would give about 20/20 to the wheels. I also remember reading that the TSX IM ran for 180, and someone who works for Acura bought theirs for 112, but could not sell it to anyone else cause he would get fired.

I went to Acura's website today and was looking for parts for a TSX IM and they are quoting 500+. And now I cannot find any references to the better IM that I wanted to install on my new car.

So basically, does any one know what I am talking about, and can you link me too it? I have done seaches for TSX, TSX intake, TSX manifold, TSX IM, IM, and intake manifold and could not find it.

Thanks for your help.

Old 12-14-2006, 11:58 AM
adonisanemone
Unregistered
Default RE: Useable TSX parts

To make my quest for a definite answer I find this.....

http://www.hondata.com/tuning_k24a2_tsx_engine.html

"The stock RBB manifold is uses a long narrow runner which is good for torque, whereas the RBC intake from the Accord Euro R uses shorter fatter runners optimized for high rpm breathing. The RBC intake is a direct replacement for the RBB. The RBB manifold is also used on the 160hp 2.4 Accord."

If anyone knows what I am talking about, once again, thanks for your help.