Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Megan Racing Header

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 10:30 PM
Default Megan Racing Header

So I recently purchased and installed a megan racing header...and after installation I got a whistling out of the flex pipe on medium to hard accel. Has anyone else ran into this problem wit there headers? Long story short i cut out the flex pipe n welded in a piece of straight pipe and solved my problem.

Old 08-07-2010, 03:46 AM
Supper Moderator

Megan doesn’t make a race or drag header. They make a crappy ebay "performance header" that’s all they are overpriced ebay header (check your welds really good megan brand tent to leak allot and since you have already have a prob. expect more). Now race headers are a total diff. story. They have been engineered to actually yield power gains and flow efficiently.

RMF race/drag headers ^^^^^

Bisi f22 race header

Kidd Racing header.

See the diff. these headers are designed to make power vs. the "performance headers"

Headers like thos yield around 15-30hp depending on the design.

Last edited by g22cd5; 08-08-2010 at 06:58 AM.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:10 PM

so what would be a good header to get. i also have one of those crappy ebay ones and it does whisle for me too, i just think of it as a turbo lol. Ive wanted a DC sports one. this a good one?? what is your advise g22cd5?

Old 08-11-2010, 07:54 PM
Supper Moderator

DC is OK but they don’t yield much power for the price you pay. I would personally talk to bisi about one of his headers. They make power and well worth the price...

Old 08-12-2010, 05:43 AM

Ok cool. What is bisi? And where do I find them?

Old 08-12-2010, 08:36 AM
Supper Moderator

www. bisimoto .com you will be on a waiting list tho...he makes each header per order. But well worth the wait and price...don't get sticker shock cus the header is quite pricey...but actually on the low side of the price range compared to most "real header(s)" not like DC sports and megan and ebay crap. That’s why there is such a price jump from the crap header(s) vs. a custom made header

Last edited by g22cd5; 08-12-2010 at 08:39 AM.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:52 AM
Supper Moderator

this should help break it down for ya too...

Originally Posted by g22cd5
Get in contact with bisimoto. This is his website www . bisimoto . com
It will run you about 600-700bucks( and you will be on a waiting list he makes them per order). But when you look at the cash to power ratio its very very good. This is why...if you by a good name brand intake let’s just go with AEM on the low side you will spend 175bucks high side around 300-400bucks. So let’s make a even braking point let’s say $250 for a intake. Then you look at exhaust...a cat back if you go with a good name brand will spend min around 200-300bucks. So les just go with 250bucks for now....then plus a muffler lest just say 50bucks. You are already at $500 for intake and exhaust and you have gained AT THE MOST 10hp(and thats with a tune. with out a tune your lookin at MAYBE 6-7hp gain MAYBE)!!! For another 100bucks or so you can gain double the hp - 26hp(this is untuned btw...you will see more gains with a tune) and about hr or two worth of work. IMO from what I have done and seen your better off going with a really good name brand header like bisi or RMF or Kid Racing and getting a good cam(s) that is where you will yield the most power. Most ppl just get intake and exhaust to be like everyone else. To be loud and have something to show under the hood (I was even like that when I started with hondas everyone does) But what sounds better walking on other cars with full OEM exhaust and intake?? I mean ppl would be like WTF? how did you beat me? Well you beat them b/c you where smart and bought the right power adders for your honda unlike Joe Smow who did what everyone else does. See what I mean? I hope this helps you out with your future purchase of parts for your honda

-Ryan

Old 08-14-2010, 04:34 PM

g22cd5...i kno its not a "racing" header but i only payd $155 4 it n u should of seen how thin the stainless steel was after i cut out the flex pipe, i can see what u mean by cheap compared 2 the headers u showed. but newayz the pic u should of the RMF racing header looked like a really good header, but it doesnt look like its true stainless steel which i like. it looks like i could easily put a bung hole port on it. The Bisi header has the upstream o2 port but its up WAY 2 high. i live in northern illinois and i get tested 4 emissions so i cant put a true racing header on. i was also lookin at a DC header but from what the picture looks like it doesnt have n upstream o2 port either. what do u think i should go with? im thinkin the RMF one but id like ur input. i did check my welds couple pin holes but i filled it in. we'll see how long my welds last...

Old 08-14-2010, 05:52 PM
Supper Moderator

All the headers I showed you where custom made….so they can make them with SS if you want them too…you have to get in contact with the makers…I really suggest going with bisi…RMF will cost you around a grand for his header…bisi is cheaper for the same performance.
All bisi manifolds are custom...so I’m sure he can make one for application that will meet your testing for your state...You just have to talk to him about it. He is the masta at this header game.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:36 AM

g22cd5 u da man...thanks for all the advice ill b makin my call 2 bisi monday morning