Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Need help identifying exhaust pipe section on 94 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 01:17 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Need help identifying exhaust pipe section on 94 Accord

Hey all. Got a leaking exhaust pipe on my 94 Accord EX 2.2. I've repaired it once before with a very crappy weld job (did it myself with a friend.) It lasted a few years, but now the weld is falling apart and it's leaking again. So I just want to go out and buy a new section of exhaust tube and replace it myself.

Can anyone look at the attached photo and tell me what this part of the exhaust tube is called? It's the curved piece in the photo with the wonky weld job bulging out of it.

I got under the car and it appears that I can just remove it at both ends and throw in a new piece. Hopefully it's that simple. I just need to know what to call it when I go looking to buy it at the auto parts stores around my house.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Thumbnails Need help identifying exhaust pipe section on 94 Accord-exhaust_leak.jpg  
Old 05-13-2010, 01:55 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I did a little research on several web sites and I think it's called a center pipe. Can anyone confirm that? Also, does anyone have any tips on installing a center pipe? Thanks.

Old 05-13-2010, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

Honda likes to call it the "B-pipe" but most places will understand if you call it the center pipe.

You'll probably be breaking those funny spring-loaded shoulder bolts, so plan on getting all new fasteners. Otherwise, it helps to have maybe 4 hands down under the car to hold everything in place while you attach the hangers.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:05 PM
Newest Of Newbies

hey, thanks for your help. I did some poking around on the Internet and found the part I've attached to this post. It will run me about $75 shipped. Is this part overkill? The only part I really need is the curved part because it's the part with the hole in it on my Honda. But seems I may have to buy the flex pipe and muffler to get what I want. Any opinions on this? All I'm trying to do is patch a hole in the center pipe (b-pipe) so I can sell the car. Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails Need help identifying exhaust pipe section on 94 Accord-center_pipe.jpg  
Old 05-14-2010, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator

Yup, that looks like the part. It doesn't come apart any other way, so your alternative is to continue weld-repair or some kind of patch. I've never had all that much luck with patching exhaust - except for temporary repair while waiting for new pipes.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:44 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

Clean up the weld goop as much as you can so the pipe is round again.
Cut up a beer can to use as a patch (you'll have to figure out what to do with the beer).

Parts...
2 hose clamps
1 tube of muffler patch cement

Smear the cement & roll the beer-can around the pipe. Hold with hose clamps. That might work pretty good on the straight pipe, but it looks like some of your leaks are on the curve. It might work for long enough for it to start leaking everywhere else on the pipe.