Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

OBX headers on 95-97 V6

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 09:20 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default custom obx headers

edit:
This was part of a thread in the newbie-welcome area...
Jim
--------------
i was reading and saw that you wrote that you had custom obx headers, what exactly do you mean by that. i have been wanting to get some headers on my v6 too.

Last edited by JimBlake; 03-11-2010 at 07:19 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:58 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by yeah_thao
i was reading and saw that you wrote that you had custom obx headers, what exactly do you mean by that. i have been wanting to get some headers on my v6 too.
obx makes a great set of headers but the are for the 1gen legend(the C27a1) which uses the same block as our C27a4, but because of chassis/obd differences the are a few issuses that dont make them a straight "bolt on". so what i did was to take them to my shop(not MINE but where i always go) and had them bend and weld the issues ;~}

Originally Posted by WheelBrokerAng
Please ask that question in his PM section..not in the new member thread..
i dont get it..... whats wrong with asking that on here?? its on topic since its about my mod?? and answering the question out in public like this will help ohters who have the same question

Old 03-11-2010, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator

Ron, how about some details please about the little tweaks that had to be done to make them work.

Old 03-11-2010, 11:50 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

NO.

PLEASE, stay away from OBX. ALL of their items are hit or miss. I bought a header (OBX) and the flange where the two pieces meet warped in less than a year. Started leaking so bad it threw a CEL and killed my MPG. I made my own thick gasket and used high temp rtv, sealed it, let it cure, and that blew within a month.

Get Megan Racing if you are on a cheap budget. I have heard far fewer negative reviews about them.

Old 03-11-2010, 08:21 PM
Newest Of Newbies

What the deuce!?!?! yall just gonna move my comments around like that? well if its the will of the mods... j/k

Originally Posted by JimBlake
Ron, how about some details please about the little tweaks that had to be done to make them work.
1st like i said the 2gen legend was on OBDI and our 5thgen is OBDII, so on the legend the EGR sit right on the front header while ours sit on the rear head, so that stem was cut off and welded shut and a hole was put in the rear header to run the pipe to the EGR. 2nd also due to the differences of the OBD the placement of the O2 sensors are out of place. 3rd is the big issues of clearance but like i dont have too many details cuz i just took it to my shop and said make it work but if this little thread gets more popular i can go ask full details.

Originally Posted by 19Accord97
NO.

PLEASE, stay away from OBX. ALL of their items are hit or miss. I bought a header (OBX) and the flange where the two pieces meet warped in less than a year. Started leaking so bad it threw a CEL and killed my MPG. I made my own thick gasket and used high temp rtv, sealed it, let it cure, and that blew within a month.

Get Megan Racing if you are on a cheap budget. I have heard far fewer negative reviews about them.
well we v6ers dont have much to choose from. so OBX makes the only headers for us and technically those arent even for us! but i havent heard any bad things about OBX from the legend peeps who are the main buyers of them.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ronracer
What the deuce!?!?! yall just gonna move my comments around like that? well if its the will of the mods... j/k
Yeah, us mods have awesome powers!!!

I just figured if this was gonna turn into a thread about headers, it belongs in this section. People who want to learn about headers will come here to look around.

Old 03-12-2010, 01:33 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Well good luck.

I hope they work out great for you and don't warp! Let us know how it all turns out

Old 03-25-2010, 08:09 AM
Unhappy Obx

Originally Posted by 19Accord97
NO.

NOOOO!!!! I have bolted a set on my engine I wish I would known this before. Definitely going to purchase a new set, because I don't any problems.