Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

PERFORMANCE Exhaust

Old 04-28-2012, 12:46 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Exclamation PERFORMANCE Exhaust

can anyone help suggest a name brand and where to buy a performance exhaust system please. thanks

Old 04-28-2012, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator

Apexi, Greddy, Skunk2 are probably the top brands, with megan and OBX being cheaper but still good brands.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:01 PM

those are for 4cyl. as far as I know but for a 6cyl. borla, magnaflow, n greddy(new models)
What year/engine do you have

Old 04-29-2012, 06:56 PM
Newest Of Newbies

new-2011 Accord Coupe, EX-L 3.5 V6

something with a nice growl, but not tooooo LOUD

Old 04-30-2012, 12:44 AM

Greddy is your best bet... IMO

Old 05-04-2012, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by macky04
new-2011 Accord Coupe, EX-L 3.5 V6

something with a nice growl, but not tooooo LOUD
best bet like the other guy said likely a greddy if you wanna stay away from too loud.. borla maybe but I am pretty sure borlas are a bit louder..

Old 05-21-2012, 04:51 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I hope that I am not hijacking a thread, but I haven't found an answer to my small problem. I have a 5th gen '96 V6 EX. I want to install a Magnaflow catback stainless system with a Magnaflow muffler. Problem: I can't find a system fitment-ready system for a V6. I now plan to modify a 4cyl. system to fit my car. Has anyone done this, or are there any peculiar problems waiting for me? I anticipate measuring each section of the 4cyl system and compare it to my current piping. My assumption is that I will have to cut the new system somewhere and weld in a ss tube to bring the systems to duplicate lengths. (It sounds too easy, so I thought that I would ask.) Thanks for help

Old 05-22-2012, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by slkybill
I hope that I am not hijacking a thread, but I haven't found an answer to my small problem. I have a 5th gen '96 V6 EX. I want to install a Magnaflow catback stainless system with a Magnaflow muffler. Problem: I can't find a system fitment-ready system for a V6. I now plan to modify a 4cyl. system to fit my car. Has anyone done this, or are there any peculiar problems waiting for me? I anticipate measuring each section of the 4cyl system and compare it to my current piping. My assumption is that I will have to cut the new system somewhere and weld in a ss tube to bring the systems to duplicate lengths. (It sounds too easy, so I thought that I would ask.) Thanks for help
Want an easier way of doing this? Buy just the Magnaflow muffler and get an exhaust shop to fab up some piping for you. Unless you plan on doing all this yourself. It might be cheaper to do it that way. I would ask a local shop and find out what they would charge to do that. When I had my Flowmasters put on my '06 V6 my local shop charged me $280 with two chrome tips. The tips were $80 by themselves. Do some searching and see what will be the best/cheapest way to do it.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:55 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Well, the Magnaflow cat-back stainless steel exhaust system and muffler designed for the 1996 2ltr four cyl. WILL fit on the V6 Accord, despite disclaimers (even from Magnaflo techs). The system is about 6" too long between the cat and resonator. We hooked up the cat connection and sort of set the rest. There was an overlength in the first section. We cut out a 6+ section, right at the point where a small bend had been placed. We then welded the first section to the second second. All parts lined up. JOB DONE! Caveat: The tip is just flush with the body kit bumper drop. We cut out a little half moon. Looks fine. However I may use the 6"cut off section to add a small length to the tip at a later date.

As to the original subject of this thread, I certainly endorse the Magnaflow! It is not loud. A very pleasant low burbble.

Old 06-02-2012, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by slkybill
Well, the Magnaflow cat-back stainless steel exhaust system and muffler designed for the 1996 2ltr four cyl. WILL fit on the V6 Accord, despite disclaimers (even from Magnaflo techs). The system is about 6" too long between the cat and resonator. We hooked up the cat connection and sort of set the rest. There was an overlength in the first section. We cut out a 6+ section, right at the point where a small bend had been placed. We then welded the first section to the second second. All parts lined up. JOB DONE! Caveat: The tip is just flush with the body kit bumper drop. We cut out a little half moon. Looks fine. However I may use the 6"cut off section to add a small length to the tip at a later date.

As to the original subject of this thread, I certainly endorse the Magnaflow! It is not loud. A very pleasant low burbble.
that's AWESOME!