Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Please help, i need your thoughts.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 11:29 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Please help, i need your thoughts.

ORIGINAL: dyeballer26

Can you elaborate? As in where it connects to the bottom of the throttle body?
Exactly, if it's folded or creased, it's not going to seal no matter how hard you crank down on the clamps. The clamps shouldn't need to be very tight at all.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:30 AM

That is exactly how mine is too. Except that it only came with one clamp for the silicon connector. I put the one it came with in the side connected to the pipe, and found another clamp for the one connected to the throttle body.

Here's the only thing i came up with: The clamp that i found in my garage for the throttle body side is just a little bit small for the silicone coupler. It fits, but it is very snug. My only thought is that it may be flanging thesilicone to one side and that's where the leak is.

I think that if i get a better fitting clamp on it, the leak will go away. Anyone?

Old 04-10-2008, 12:06 PM

ahh dont i wish i can give u some help no idea what u dudes are talking about =/ gotta keep learning on all of this.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:07 PM

ORIGINAL: JkillaAcc02

ahh dont i wish i can give u some help no idea what u dudes are talking about =/ gotta keep learning on all of this.
thanks for that contribution.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:07 PM

I just put on a better fitting clamp - still whistles.

I'm completely out of ideas here. My dad thinks that the filter lets in too much air and that's what the problem is.

I'll post pictures in a minute.

EDIT - pictures at the top.

Old 04-11-2008, 02:08 PM

take the intake off completely, rev it from the throttle body... does it still whistle?

never heard any whistling from my setup...

also, when I've had my batt. disconnected and my ECU resets, it does kind of hiss really loud the first 5-10 minutes while it calibrates...
on a really cold morning it does this as well until i either get it revving or until it's warmed up... but no real "whistle"... and i like the way the hiss sounds... makes people look at you in parking lots like "wtf is that noise coming from that car"... and when you take off its roars and they're like "wow, never expected that!"

Old 04-11-2008, 02:17 PM

Slide the clamp on the throttle body back a little bit so it's closer to the end of the silicone pipe and that may help it seal a little bit.... However, I'm starting to think that you're simply hearing the air sucking in.... pull the filter off and take some panty hose (temporarily) and strech them over the end of the pipe so that it can't suck anything in, then try it, that will tell you if it's the filter design or an air leak... is that the air filter that came with the system? (looks like and ebay bomz system is that right?) if the panty hose trick works then I'd suggest buying an AEM or K&N air filter

Old 04-11-2008, 03:22 PM

What kind of filter is that? I bet it is the filter. Try the pantyhose trick nasty suggested.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:54 AM

I'd put my money on the filter as well, specifically the small inverted cone on the end. If you think about it, the main part of the filter can vibrate at a much lower frequency than the small cone at the same velocity.

Old 04-16-2008, 05:42 PM

I covered the hole on the filter with duck tape and that didn't change anything. When i come across another filter i'll try a different one on it.

EDIT- Tried it with the filter off using a sock, same problem. It isn't the filter.

Quick Reply: Please help, i need your thoughts.