Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Problems with intake manifold

Old 01-16-2014, 05:31 PM
Default Problems with intake manifold

I was on my way home when I started smelling burning fluid (thought it was the vehicle in front of me) and noticed that my brakes felt tighter. Came to a stop light and had to pull into a parking lot to park it and turn it off. Found some type of gasket stuck in the butterfly valve.Slight smoke was coming from the side with the brake fluid just not sure exactly what from when I opened the hood. I have a 96' Honda accord lx, its my first car and I've had it for six years and don't want it to break down on me. Thoughts and advice needed as I can't find anything online.

Last edited by StevieRaeHTX; 01-16-2014 at 05:33 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator

First welcome to HAF.

Got any pic's of the area where the smoke was coming from?

Also any pic of the "gasket" that was found?

Was there any recent work done to the car.

Old 01-16-2014, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by poorman212 View Post
First welcome to HAF.

Got any pic's of the area where the smoke was coming from?

Also any pic of the "gasket" that was found?

Was there any recent work done to the car.
The smoke wasn't visible enough for my camera to capture but now that I am looking at this 'gasket', I'm pretty sure I know where it came from, in which case its part of the after market intake. The work was done about 3 years ago however I recently replaced the front motor mount so maybe that joggled in there then?