Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Quiet Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 05:21 PM
Default Quiet Exhaust

Is there a muffler that would help the engine "breath" better, but is quiet? I am really enjoying how quiet this car is and want to keep it that way. Or with the stock muffler does the engine breath fine?

Old 08-08-2007, 07:34 PM
Default RE: Quiet Exhaust

ORIGINAL: ddaa99

Is there a muffler that would help the engine "breath" better, but is quiet? I am really enjoying how quiet this car is and want to keep it that way. Or with the stock muffler does the engine breath fine?
bro, are you serious? read this and reply to this thread: https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/Per...m_71095/tm.htm

Old 08-08-2007, 09:07 PM

I read that thread and the others, but they always talk about the throaty sound and such. What I'm trying to find out is; has anyone been able to design a muffler that flows better than stock, but is as quiet, or quieter than astock muffler. I really enjoy that you can't hear my Accord when it's at idle and that the engine noise is barely noticeable at highway speed. I've had loud cars; Chargers, Cameros, where we would run dual exhausts with burnt out glasspacks for mufflers. Now I drive a sedan, hate to admit it, but I really prefer the quiet. Thanks

Old 08-08-2007, 09:38 PM

it's impossible to have a higher performing exhaust and have it as quiet or quieter than stock. some aftermarket exhausts have the "chambered style" muffler like OEM. Apexi and RS*R to name a couple. they are by far the quietest, but they arent designed with performance in mind. they are the quietest, but still arent as quiet as stock because of larger piping diameter and larger canister for the muffler. any time you increase one of those, namely the piping diameter, you increase the noise level. but you have to increase it to increase flow right? right, but in that sense, you lose the quietness too. you have to. if you want it as quiet as possible with a little more performance than stock, then get Apexi ws2 or RS*R.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:06 PM

Hey, Thanks for your patience, I'll look into those; Apexi ws2 or RS*R.

Old 08-11-2007, 12:55 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I would say the WS2 is for you
I posted a vid in sights and sounds of my WS2 and it sounds loud, but it really isnt.

Old 08-11-2007, 09:54 AM

ORIGINAL: ddaa99

I read that thread and the others, but they always talk about the throaty sound and such. What I'm trying to find out is; has anyone been able to design a muffler that flows better than stock, but is as quiet, or quieter than astock muffler. I really enjoy that you can't hear my Accord when it's at idle and that the engine noise is barely noticeable at highway speed. I've had loud cars; Chargers, Cameros, where we would run dual exhausts with burnt out glasspacks for mufflers. Now I drive a sedan, hate to admit it, but I really prefer the quiet. Thanks
Camero? hmm...