Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

stock resonator chamber

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 10:15 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: stock resonator chamber

^ Exactly. Right on the money.

That's why these we're here. Money, time, and blood. 3 things that keep an Accord happy.

Old 04-19-2007, 12:21 PM

See people you are missing the point, I dont know how else to explain it to you. No kidding just keeping the stock airbox isnt going to give you the same gains as a V2, no matter what you remove, thanks captain obvious.

The point is that some poeple want to see what, if anything just removing something as simple as the resonator could or will do. It took me all of 30 minutes on a saturday to accomplish this, WOW huge waste of time. Actually aside from taking off the tire again and some fender well trimwhen it comes time to put in the V2I wont be overlapping any labor. Now I dont have to remove the resonator, that is like 20 minutes of time saved when it comes to final installation. Man the 10 minute loss that it will take me to take the wheel off and some of the fender well trim is a killer!!!!!

I dont gather many of you as peoplewho tend to do any research or testing of anythingdo you? When you do controlled tests you change one variable at a time. my first variable is removing the resonator. Do you not see the point here? Just because you think it is a waste of time doesnt mean it is. Try to comprehend the principle behind something like this before making retarded statements like it is a waste or stupid or cheap alternative. It is actually quite a relevant test.

OMG a controlled test on the air intake on a vehicle, what a waste of time!!! Yes I may being going to the extreme but that is the engineer in me.

FYI this post was most dedicated to OTSB and anyone who thinks something of this nature is pointless and a waste.

Old 04-19-2007, 02:14 PM

Try to comprehend the principle behind something like this before making retarded statements like it is a waste or stupid or cheap alternative. It is actually quite a relevant test.

It is only relevant to YOU and others that care to do it. We are only expressing opinions here so lighten up. To me it is a total waste of time but to you it's not..... Big Deal. You have your opinions and I have mine. Chill with the rant on other members, it's merely a discussion after all. Be respectful of others opinions as I am of yours.

Old 04-19-2007, 02:34 PM

Actually I am lightened up, I dont have any hard feelings, the OP didnt ask for opinions on doing this, he specificallyasked if there were any gains.

I dont find calling something that I do "cheap"and then also procede to go on to tell me thatwith ageI will learn to do it the "right way" first, not insulting.

It doesnt bother me, I was simply just trying to explain what the benefits ofcarrying out a procedure likethis is.I dont careif you or anyone else thinks it is stupid and a waste of time because I know it may be to some of youbut thatIS NOTthe point, the point was trying to explain the PROCEDURE behind it.I am far from uneducated on anything to do with the mechanics of engines, I minored ininternal combustion enginescoming out of college.

If you or anyone were to say "Hey I understand the procedure of doing it this way, but to me it is a waste of time" I would have moved along and not felt the need to comment again, because I would understand not everyone is going think the same way.

In conclusion I am not ranting, I was completely respectful of other opinions, problem was they were notof mine.

Old 04-19-2007, 02:48 PM

Calling other's statements "retarded" is far from respectful in my book but so be it. I too like to do little experiments with my car that others may think differently about. Like yourself I feel that it's my time and I'll do with it what I please. For instance, I spend a little timeevery day keeping our cars looking their best inside and out. Others think I'm nuts! Fine with me but I don'tcall themretarded.

Anyway, I do hope the starter of this thread, which is way off topic now (and that's my fault), comes to a decision about what to do in his particular case.

Old 05-21-2007, 08:58 PM

so i know this is sort of old.... but i got around to removing that chamber. fyi it is possible to do with the wheel on without any jacking. it was tough though.

i would say that i removed close to 10 lbs with it gone. got a littl more sound and i held my hand in front of what was left of the intake, and revved her up, seems to suck a lot of air for such asmall engine. anyway theres my 2 cents.

btw this site helped a lot... http://static.summitracing.com/globa.../avm-22511.pdf