Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

what can i do?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 05:45 AM
Default what can i do?

i have a accord 92 dx, i have some minor mods on it such as an air intake and a catback exhaust. Im not ready to sink a crap load of money into it to turbocharge it, is there anything i can do to make it run better without sinkingn alot of money into it?

Old 06-09-2006, 11:52 PM
Default RE: what can i do?

I would suggest headers if you want a little bit more power. If you are a little more daring, maybe you want to look into a camshaft... That can really change the character of the motor and add some power.

Old 06-10-2006, 04:29 AM

i want to put a header on my car but my friend put a header on his car and it didnt do anything. of course he has an altima and the header didnt fit correctly so i suppose hes losing pressure. Ive never heard of upgrading a camshaft, how much could that possibly help?...also im not sure if i should cut my cat off. my car sounds good, its quiet until i get on it and then its got a good deep rumble, not too ricey. but i would like the hp increase but i dont want it to be annoyingly loud, should i do this?

Old 06-10-2006, 10:23 AM

The header should add about 5 hp or so if it is the one for your car. Just like anything else, if it isn't installed right then you won't get the benefits of it. A header's power will be easier to feel if you've done the cat back exhaust, so you should be able to notice it.

The cam can actually do a lot. It can shift your power band and make the motor make more hp. Your idle may be a little harder with some of them, but you can expect a good 15 hp from one. Definetly something to check out.

If you need to pass emisssions, you'll need the cat. If you take the cat off, you'll also have a check engine light, so you'll need a way to eliminate that (check ebay for MIL eliminators). If you decide to remove the cat be sure to save it. And be ready for any fines you may recieve for not having it!

Old 06-10-2006, 06:59 PM

well nobody hear really checks emissions so i wont have to worry about that. would it be worth it tho?

Old 06-10-2006, 08:19 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

the fine's dont out weigh the pros of no cat, and you may say they dont check emissions but you can smell if someone is running with not cat