Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

I'm a girl & I don't know THAT much about cars...Can someone please help me with this problem???

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 10:27 PM
LiLLita361
Unregistered
Default I'm a girl & I don't know THAT much about cars...Can someone please help me with this problem???

I have a 95 Honda Accord EX Coupe that has been babied since the day it was brought home from the factory by my mom in early 1995. She passed it down to me when I got my license and I have also taken good care of it but just this morning, ALL of the oil leaked out of it. I left my house this morning, and as I got down the street, realized I forgot something, so I came back to my house only to find a HUGE puddle on my driveway from where my car had been parked before I left and a line all the way down my driveway and the road where I had just been driving. So I popped the hood and looked down in there and all I could see was oil just dripping out all over the place. I opened up the engine cap, and all of the oil was gone (I had just put new oil in it last week). I don't know what to do?!?! Has anyone ever had this happen to them before or can anyone give me an idea as to what might have happened? The car was driving perfectly fine last night and this morning, and it still starts and sounds like it's running fine, so I don't know?!?! Something to do with the transmission?! Did a hose come lose? Did a cap pop off? I have no idea but I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me some sort of information ) Thank You!

Old 04-28-2005, 10:59 PM
Administrator
Default RE: I'm a girl & I don't know THAT much about cars...Can someone please help me with this problem???

i replied to your question in the tech section...! [8D]

Old 04-29-2005, 03:51 PM
booter
Unregistered
Default RE: I'm a girl & I don't know THAT much about cars...Can someone please help me with this problem???

im thinking maybe the seal off the last oil filter got stuck to the block, and the new filter was placed on behind the old seal... cause it to run out... ive had that happen, very similar story

Old 04-29-2005, 07:56 PM

wow - if that was the case - i guess they installed the cheapest oil filter possible

i reccomend using K&N oil and air filters - you spend more money but after all - less headache