New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

03 Accord & New accident =[ Need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 07:27 PM
darling
Unregistered
Default 03 Accord & New accident =[ Need help

Heyy.. I felt kind of weird just busting in on a forum so I'm here to introduce myself haha. I'm a new driver and I just got an 03 Honda Accord as a graduation present.. I love the car but for some reason it doesn't feel very safe to me.
Reason #1: I was in an accident with the car on Sunday and I wasn't even the one driving.. The other car backed right into my driver side door as my friend and I were pulling into the parking lot.. We were hit by some guy who only spoke Spanish and had no license =/. He had insurance though, I'm kind of wondering how that even works. The police came and did nothing about it, didn't even take the guy in or file a report. The damage made a dent and huge scrapes agains the left side of my car :aiwebs_00
Reason #2: Whenever I'm on the freeway, every little bump on the road makes me feel like I'm about to be launched into the air. I'm wondering if I'm just paranoid from being used to riding in sportier cars? Or if there is anything I can do to tighten the suspension of the car besides lowering it..
I know I probably sound like a whiny little brat by now but I'd appreciate some feedback on how I should deal with the whole car accident and lowering thing since all of you are Accord pros here (: Thank you!

Old 06-27-2007, 10:26 PM
Administrator
Default RE: 03 Accord & New accident =[ Need help

1St off Welcome to the forum and Thank You for joining!
Your car was hit on the side and this would lead me to believe that maybe your wheels were bent in by the side force, I would go to a good tire shop and have them take off all 4 wheels and have them check to see if they got bent in, also have them look for what's called tire scrub...also caused by a side hit from another vehicle..

Good Luck with your Car !

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 06-27-2007, 10:35 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

The Accord should make you feel more safe...its a big car even for a midsize family sedan. Before I got my strut bar (rear and front) and sways put in...I was wary of weaving in and out of traffic.

Get the repairs done...and you'll find the Accord is a beautiful beautiful car. Calm exterior....combined with powerful motor. I mean, it begs to be driven hard, but it'll be content just carting you from point A to B without a whimper.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:16 AM

I will try to help you out in regards to your accident.
1st of all, was anyone hurt?
2nd, I see you said he had insurance, have they contacted you and come to look at your car?
3rd, have you reported it to your own insurance company?
The police may not have done anything about him driving without a license because that may not be grounds for a trip to the county jail in your state. They should have cited him/fined him for it though.
If the police didn't file a report it is becausethe happened in a parking lot. Parking lots are considered "private property" in most states and the police either cannot or will not file a report because liability is always contestable since there are tecnically no laws governing "who has the right-of-way" in the parking lot.
I would recommend you report it to your own insurance company if you haven't already done so. It looks pretty obvious to me that the accident was his fault, buthis company could always try to be buttholes and deny the claim.
Answer my above questions and ask meanything else you want to know.

Good luck,

Your lowly HAF insurance adjuster