New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

2017 Honda Accord Sport Driver Side AC Vents Blowing Hot Air but Passenger side AC ok

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 07:06 AM
Question 2017 Honda Accord Sport Driver Side AC Vents Blowing Hot Air but Passenger side AC ok

Hi everyone. I joined this forum after a very long research on the problem i am facing with my car's AC and unfortunately i couldn't find the exact solution till now.
The driver side vents started blowing hot air one day and i immediately took it to the workshop. I turned off the ignition because i was waiting for him to come and check the AC. When i explained to him the problem and started my car so he can check it, the problem had gone. The next day same thing happened again, and i restarted the car and it became fine. But the third day, it never recovered from this problem.
On one post i found that the Blend Door Actuator on the driver side may have gone bad. I replaced it and just tried to check its rotation by increasing and decreasing the temperature settings of the driver side AC. I noticed that the actuator is moving only in one direction and always it is rotating in the direction to divert the blend door to hot air. It will not rotate in the opposite direction at all and wont divert the blend door to allow cool air even if i keep on reducing the temperature.
As far as the blend door actuator is concerned, i am 200% sure it is fine. I am suspecting that the AC Console has some problem and is giving one way voltage to the actuator. I don't know the exact reason.
Is there anyone else who is facing similar problem? Good thing is that the passenger side AC is working absolutely normal. So, for the time being, i have removed the actuator on the driver side and manually rotated the blend door toward cool air.