General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(92 accord) air blowing at high but is very weak when comming out of the vents!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 11:22 PM
restrict187
Unregistered
Default (92 accord) air blowing at high but is very weak when comming out of the vents!

ok heres the problem. whenever i blast the air, barly any comes out of the vents. im guessing there might be a clog somewhere from the blower motor to the vents but im not an expert. anyway i tried to remove the blower motor today to see if there was a clog but came out unsucessful lol. all the screws were off but the motor is just too big and so it gets stuck between the bottom of the dashboard and the floor. anyway the motor still works but i have no clue what the problem is so tell me ifi should continue totry to remove the motor or not. if not tell me what i should do,and any help is greatly appriciated.

Old 05-20-2007, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan
Default RE: (92 accord) air blowing at high but is very weak when comming out of the vents!

I had a 90Ex for several years and have done this. You have to remove the ECU module (remove hold down nuts and rotate to inside w/o removing electrical connector) to have enough room to remove the blower module from the dash. Also, you have to rotate the module about 90 degrees (forget which way) as you lower to get it out. Installation requires exactly this same rotation to get it inplace. Make sure you have some type of manual to know where all fasteners are located. I think you need a flex extension to get at some of them.

Blockage is more likely the evaporator covered w/ dirt/gunk. You may have an evaporator leak. W/ age the orings on the expansion valve connections begin to leak and attract dirt. There could be dirt and leaves have been pulled into evaporator and fan module. You should be able to see when blower module is removed.

When I overhauled my AC, I replaced all the orings in the system, compressor, condensor, evaporator, and new receiver/drier. I stayed w/ R12 because I had some that I stored, but R134a will work.

If you've never replaced the blower motor, you might consider replacing it since blower module is removed. They don't last forever and brushes will be worn on one of this vintage. Look for a good quality reman, as OEM is ridiculous at c$250+.

good luck

Old 05-20-2007, 08:23 AM
Default Heater? Defrost okay?

You might check how much air flows at defrost or heat. It might be a problem with one of the doors that change the air flow direction.
Also, try the recirc button for A/C. Maybe you can't pull air in from outside due to leaves, or whatever.

HTH,
Jim