New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

96 Accord LX Electrical Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Question 96 Accord LX Electrical Issues

My accord recently died. 145k miles, the engine and transmission run fine. There is an after market stereo that is wired into the the factory harness with a store bought wiring harness. I've already disconnected it and tried to start my car. While I was driving the gauges went out and the stereo stopped working but the turn signals still work as well as the brakes and head lights. The automatic transmission also started to shift weird and the engine started running like it wasn't getting enough gas. There is also an aftermarket car alarm that I bought the car with which I've already disconnected. The car was running fine but shifting weird and when I shut it off and try and start it now it doesn't do anything. The temperature gauge moves up a little but other than that it doesn't turn over, not even a click. Someone please help.

Old 10-05-2012, 12:22 PM
Administrator
Exclamation Comon New Members..please pay attention...

Originally Posted by vineyrd364
My accord recently died. 145k miles, the engine and transmission run fine. There is an after market stereo that is wired into the the factory harness with a store bought wiring harness. I've already disconnected it and tried to start my car. While I was driving the gauges went out and the stereo stopped working but the turn signals still work as well as the brakes and head lights. The automatic transmission also started to shift weird and the engine started running like it wasn't getting enough gas. There is also an aftermarket car alarm that I bought the car with which I've already disconnected. The car was running fine but shifting weird and when I shut it off and try and start it now it doesn't do anything. The temperature gauge moves up a little but other than that it doesn't turn over, not even a click. Someone please help.
To the posting rules of the forums..follow link .
https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...ed-help-24592/

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Thumbnails 96 Accord LX Electrical Issues-oh.jpg  
Old 10-05-2012, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HAF......post this in the General Tech section and someone should be able to help you out....if and when you do, let us know if it is an Auto or Manual trans