New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Accord owner from O.C. and the ressurection of his 95 Coupe!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 10:34 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Accord owner from O.C. and the ressurection of his 95 Coupe!

I own a 95 Accord LX Coupe with 154K miles on it. When I bought the car I initially loved it, loved it for many years and tried to maintain it as best as I could. The car was really reliable and the only problem I had was a bad door actuator on the passenger side which I fixed with some silicone paste.

Then slowly things started to deteriorate (about 4 years ago). Due to some brainfart on my part I ripped the front bumper cover off the car while coming out of my carport. I macgyvered it with some zip ties but the result were far from good. Later on I got my car deeply keyed; I also got slightly rear-ended which, over time, caused a "stress crack/peeling" on the paint on the rear bumper cover; on top of that I got clear coat failure and peeling all over the hood and many other spots on the car. The car looked like **** and I didn't care anymore. I wouldn't even wash it and just did the minimum maintenance on it (oil change...). As long as it would drive I was fine with it.

One day, as I was driving, the car shut itself down and I barely managed to pull over to some parking lot. By holding the key down the car would start but as soon as I would release the key the car would stop. I managed to drag the car back home. After some research online I found out that I had a bad ignition switch. Ordered the part online and fixed it by myself. This event prompted me to do more.

Last month I got new bumper covers, got the entire car repainted and started loving the car again.

After that I fixed a non-workind 3rd brake light, fixed my non-working dome light, fixed a cigarette lighter which had popped out of the center console and stopped working, resurfaced the headlights, replaced my broken/non-working front bumper lights with clear ones, changed my brake pads, changed the brake fluid, changed the rocker arm seals/valve cover gaskets and changed the spark plugs.

I still need to change the transmission and power steering fluid, change the battery and repair a small vinyl tear on the door.

Last, I really want to thank all those who have helped me in the General Tech Help forum.

Last edited by WindPhoenix; 08-24-2012 at 10:40 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:15 AM

Looking good and clean. What a difference a little TLC makes!

Old 08-25-2012, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator

Very nice looking car......Bet it makes you smile when you loks at it now.

Old 08-25-2012, 01:38 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Doing all the repairs myself has given me a new appreciation for that car. A couple of months ago I thought I would just drive it into the ground..lol

Old 08-28-2012, 12:49 AM
Administrator
Default Hi Member

Your car picture looks great..Thank You for posting it for us...

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Thumbnails Accord owner from O.C. and the ressurection of his 95 Coupe!-adrracing-tursimobluecaps-16x7-inch-wheels-new-003.jpg