New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Aftermarket metra DDin stereo install turned my accord into a 1 ton paperweight

Old 03-29-2019, 10:32 PM
Default Aftermarket metra DDin stereo install turned my accord into a 1 ton paperweight

Hey everyone so heres the info/waking nigbtmare that is my life.... i recently installed a double din JVC dvd/CD player w/blutooth into my 06' Honda Accord EX 4d 2.4l using a basic metra t harness kit. Before someone says it " yes I disconnected the battery, soldered and heat shrunk my connections, reset the radio code, checked all my fuses, andbread chicken soup for the hondas soul to it every night...etc.. The metra I used requires the factory stereo to remain for climate controls while the after mark sits where the center console pocket was. I turn the key and all systems are go, both stereos wok fine however the car will not turn over or even click. So I ran through testing the battery which was faulty but still under warranty... to keep this short... new duralast gold battery and gold plated terminals/ new ground wire. Reamed the terminals and cleaned the grounds as well as dremelled off the paint on the frame for good contact. Ran a scan and i only got a single DTS... 92-20 SRS indicator fault to ground. Now i know hondas can be touchy when it comes to wiring but i cant find anyone online that has the hazard/airbag indicator module causing a no start situation. Any advice is appreciated... p.s. ive checked all the relays and checked for voltage and continuity in the battery cables and relay box. im currently in the middle of stripping it down so i can benchtest the starter. Probably worth mentioning i changed out the battery ground to frame for one of those silver braided performance grounds and the battery metered at 12.01 with no key turn. Thought maybe the two stereos are drawing to much for the starter to crank... help please before i become one of those ford fuzion assh@|€s lol

Old 03-30-2019, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

As a suggestion, please rewrite your post using sentences, paragraphs, and punctuation; what you wrote above will be ignored by most folks as unreadable.

Old 03-30-2019, 03:03 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by Brock Johnson
Hey everyone so heres the info/waking nigbtmare that is my life.... i recently installed a double din JVC dvd/CD player w/blutooth into my 06' Honda Accord EX 4d 2.4l using a basic metra t harness kit. Before someone says it " yes I disconnected the battery, soldered and heat shrunk my connections, reset the radio code, checked all my fuses, andbread chicken soup for the hondas soul to it every night...etc.. The metra I used requires the factory stereo to remain for climate controls while the after mark sits where the center console pocket was. I turn the key and all systems are go, both stereos wok fine however the car will not turn over or even click. So I ran through testing the battery which was faulty but still under warranty... to keep this short... new duralast gold battery and gold plated terminals/ new ground wire. Reamed the terminals and cleaned the grounds as well as dremelled off the paint on the frame for good contact. Ran a scan and i only got a single DTS... 92-20 SRS indicator fault to ground. Now i know hondas can be touchy when it comes to wiring but i cant find anyone online that has the hazard/airbag indicator module causing a no start situation. Any advice is appreciated... p.s. ive checked all the relays and checked for voltage and continuity in the battery cables and relay box. im currently in the middle of stripping it down so i can benchtest the starter. Probably worth mentioning i changed out the battery ground to frame for one of those silver braided performance grounds and the battery metered at 12.01 with no key turn. Thought maybe the two stereos are drawing to much for the starter to crank... help please before i become one of those ford fuzion assh@|€s lol
When you changed out the battery ground wire, does it connect to both the body AND the engine/trans? Did you try jumping the starter before pulling it? If it all worked before the radio swap, then it should still work unless you unplugged something else. Double check your work.