New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Could use some help

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 11:44 AM

thanks!! And I payed a good down payment and will be making a few not too expensive payments now... Not too worried about it I still have extra cash for parts and what not.
And yeah hope that works out and you can sell it. I love my Honda so far!

Old 08-05-2011, 12:45 PM

I'll keep you updated, all I want to do to my accord when I get it, hopefully I can get it in black, or like a dark slate grey.. I could do white too, I just never wanna buy a car in a color I don't want, like my spec v.

getting back on topic, I want to throw some black rims with a machined looked lips on them.. Are accords 15s or 16s? cause my first car was a 98' 240sx, which was 16s..and the spec v is 17s..

Than tint it out (maybe still debating if i want the headache with cops)

after that..lower it a little, get some nice headlight/taillights looking at projectors headlights and LED tail lights.. than debadge it, black mesh grille

Engine wise, nothing serious, mostly bolt ons

whenever I go fast with cars it always costs me more money anyways.. so I'll go for more looks with this car

Old 08-05-2011, 01:31 PM

sounds good man. yeah those are some easy mod's im fixing to do as well. My accord is stock 15 (as are most of this gen). but I wanna lower it and get 16's, black with sliver lips, to go with my ext. Uhm I plan to do a little more engine wise to mine, cause I hang out with guys who kinda hate on imports so if I stick to just mod's that are looks i'd get a lot of crap from them.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Supper Moderator

Originally Posted by kristech
sounds good man. yeah those are some easy mod's im fixing to do as well. My accord is stock 15 (as are most of this gen). but I wanna lower it and get 16's, black with sliver lips, to go with my ext. Uhm I plan to do a little more engine wise to mine, cause I hang out with guys who kinda hate on imports so if I stick to just mod's that are looks i'd get a lot of crap from them.
don't plan on doing any serious power adders. You will blow your auto trans out fairly quick. You might get away with intake exhaust and a tune any more power than that expect failure. Just fyi

Old 08-05-2011, 02:33 PM

Well, I did stuff to my 240, and I wound up just beating on it cause it was fast... but I want this car to last, I might I might do more engine wise, but idk **** about hondas nevermind accords, so I just want to take it one step at a time

What are you looking to do engine wise?

Old 08-05-2011, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by g22cd5
don't plan on doing any serious power adders. You will blow your auto trans out fairly quick. You might get away with intake exhaust and a tune any more power than that expect failure. Just fyi
Yeah I'm not going overboard at all.. Its my daily driver so trust me I don't wanna screw it up

Old 08-05-2011, 03:37 PM

and if you were talking to me I am putting a new intake on, I already have it ordered. I don't think I'm gonna get a new exhaust just because I can NOT stand when cars sound like weed eaters. I work at Ace Hardware and I sell STIHL. I hear weed eaters all day long I don't wanna hear it in my car either. I'm not too sure about anything else, I have a few idea's but as said earlier if I do too much it could be bad. I mean I have the vtech engine and I was surprised as to how much get up it has, so I'm quite happy with her for now. So we will see. But as I do things I'll post it up here so you'll see.

Old 08-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Supper Moderator

Originally Posted by Unknownn
Well, I did stuff to my 240, and I wound up just beating on it cause it was fast... but I want this car to last, I might I might do more engine wise, but idk **** about hondas nevermind accords, so I just want to take it one step at a time

What are you looking to do engine wise?
you can do the same I said for her. Anymore you will have tranny failure.
Come to think about it I don't even think you guys can get a tune unless you use a OBD1 ecu. That consist of buying a OBD1 to OBD2 wiring harness and a OBD1 ecu (since all the ecus after 98(?) have immobilizers installed in the ECU). Then your able to get a tune...if you even wanted to tune after you performance parts

Old 08-05-2011, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by kristech
and if you were talking to me I am putting a new intake on, I already have it ordered. I don't think I'm gonna get a new exhaust just because I can NOT stand when cars sound like weed eaters. I work at Ace Hardware and I sell STIHL. I hear weed eaters all day long I don't wanna hear it in my car either. I'm not too sure about anything else, I have a few idea's but as said earlier if I do too much it could be bad. I mean I have the vtech engine and I was surprised as to how much get up it has, so I'm quite happy with her for now. So we will see. But as I do things I'll post it up here so you'll see.

ah, yeah I'm gonna start with a cold air intake, just get to better mpg and have the little more umphh it gives

around by me, and this is why I didn't like honda at first.. was cause all of the civics all have fart cans.. and I was beating them with my mom's subaru forester before I had my own car, than I got my 240.. and well.. than it was a wrap.

I have only seen like two hondas around by me that are respectable, that aren't just fart cans haha.. but yeah after driving an accord vs an altima, I was really happy with it. Altimas seem to feel "boaty" like oversized, when i got in the accord coupe, it reminded me of my 240, felt like a glove.. now that I'm getting off topic

I can't really see myself doing too much more than an intake, maybe if I find a decent exhaust that sounds more throaty than ricer..

Old 08-05-2011, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by g22cd5
you can do the same I said for her. Anymore you will have tranny failure.
Come to think about it I don't even think you guys can get a tune unless you use a OBD1 ecu. That consist of buying a OBD1 to OBD2 wiring harness and a OBD1 ecu (since all the ecus after 98(?) have immobilizers installed in the ECU). Then your able to get a tune...if you even wanted to tune after you performance parts

nah, I was asking her what she was planning on doing lol..

I wouldn't even bother with a tune.. that'd be a joke IMO on a car that's almost all stock

Quick Reply: Could use some help