New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Custom Rims

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 05:07 PM
Default Custom Rims

I purchased rims and tired for my 2017 Honda Accord. When I put the rims on and feel shaking in the car. I took it to the dealer and they checked my alignment and said that they couldn’t align the vehicle correc
tly and by doing so they made the shaking worse. The rims or 20” rims and I know other people that have the same size rims and have no problems.

I was told by the dealer that I may need to replace my axle.

Anyone else having this problem and if so did you have to replace your axel?

​​​​​​​

Thanks

Old 07-18-2019, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

A few comments:
  • Your car was not designed to deal with that much rotational mass; said another way, unless everything is absolutely perfect, idiosyncrasies such as unusual vibrations will be the result.
  • Those wheels will result in slower acceleration, slower braking, reduced fuel economy, and less responsive handling, but if you feel the look is worth the trade off, so be it.
  • If you opt to stay with those wheels, find a shop which offers RoadForce balancing.

Old 07-19-2019, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

Are the rims/tires new? If so, go back & have them checked for being bent or out-of-balance.
Used? Well, same thing except you can't really make a warranty claim to the seller...

Of course, what Shipo says it true too.

Old 07-19-2019, 10:32 AM

Thank you for the information.

Ill probably take the rims off and sell them. They are brand new and should be under warranty.
Originally Posted by shipo
  • Your car was not designed to deal with that much rotational mass; said another way, unless everything is absolutely perfect, idiosyncrasies such as unusual vibrations will be the result.
  • Those wheels will result in slower acceleration, slower braking, reduced fuel economy, and less responsive handling, but if you feel the look is worth the trade off, so be it.
  • If you opt to stay with those wheels, find a shop which offers RoadForce balancing.